Talk

Advanced search

Babyliss big hair

(9 Posts)
Westfacing Sun 30-Aug-20 12:24:31

I'm on my third Babyliss rotating brush - the first conked out after a year or two, second lasted a good few years and this one at just over 2 years is now only blowing hot air out the end of the barrel.

I know they are relatively cheap and cheerful and I do love the effect I can achieve on my straight as a poker, jaw-length, l ayered bob but maybe it's time for a change.

Does anyone have any recommendations - can't afford the Dyson!

OP’s posts: |
amusedbush Sun 30-Aug-20 13:01:54

I didn't get on with the Big Hair as the bristles are soft - it just made my hair huge and frizzy.

I use the Remington One Step oval shaped hot air brush. It has "normal" hairbrush bristles plus soft ones for smoothing and it's great. I've convinced a few friends to buy it too and they've all loved it too.

P.S. I had the Dyson Airwrap and really didn't rate it. It didn't smooth my curly hair enough so my roots were really frizzy. It eventually blew up in my hand so it went straight back to QVC.

Westfacing Sun 30-Aug-20 13:21:57

I'll have a look at the Remington amused. But from the sounds of it we have different hair types - mine is the worse you can get, dead straight and needs a lot of help!

amusedbush Sun 30-Aug-20 13:49:23

Yeah, mine isn't particularly thick or thin but it's naturally very curly and goes fluffy really easily. The Remington brush is great though, it will definitely give you volume!

Oly4 Sun 30-Aug-20 16:04:27

I have both and prefer the Babyliss Big Hair. The Remington smooths it all out for a bit but then it goes back to unruly and frizzy. The big hair just seems to give a longer lasting shape. I use them on identical hair - roughly dried with the hairdryer but still a bit damp

middleager Sun 30-Aug-20 16:12:29

I couldn't get on with mine, even the small barrel on my bob. Bristles too soft and made my hair frizzy and wasn't good for the condition/ends, as did the Dyson air wrap (which I returned)

Now using a classic hot brush I was given and getting great results without frying my hair.

middleager Sun 30-Aug-20 16:15:37

Using an earlier version of this, OP.

www.boots.com/remington-cb4n-flexibrush-steam-hair-styler-10074807?cm_mmc=bmm-buk-google-ppc-_-PLAs-_-(GB:Whoop!)+Remington-_-(GB:Whoop!)+Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Electrical+Beauty+-+Mobile&gclid=CjwKCAjwnK36BRBVEiwAsMT8WOBYjxCDD0TxOsBM9AQ--G1N39DqooiekFrNGHdCWiIavy-0BZZSJRoCOmIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

napody Sun 30-Aug-20 17:03:15

If you liked it, send it back to Babyliss for a free replacement...I've done it twice blush
You don't need the receipt they just ask for the serial number.

Westfacing Mon 31-Aug-20 07:38:48

napody

If you liked it, send it back to Babyliss for a free replacement...I've done it twice blush
You don't need the receipt they just ask for the serial number.

I remember someone on MN saying that a few years back, so this time I saved the box. I might just do that!

Thank you everyone.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in