Talk

Advanced search

How to disguise tummy apron

(9 Posts)
Oopsadaisydoddle Sun 23-Aug-20 15:40:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
thatplaceinjordan Sun 23-Aug-20 15:51:20

Tighter tops that rouche, linger flowing tops, Spanx type Bridget Jones knickers.

I have an apron, it'll never go without surgery so you need to learn to be okay with it.

Oopsadaisydoddle Sun 23-Aug-20 15:55:25

Squiffany Sun 23-Aug-20 15:55:53

Skater style dresses.

ElfCakes Sun 23-Aug-20 15:57:24

High waisted jeans/jeggins. M&S have some good ones that are a good price and help 'lift and sculpt'

thatplaceinjordan Sun 23-Aug-20 16:01:14

It sucks and I fluctuate with my weight as even when I'm 'slim' I have a wrinkly pouchy overhang and I think fuck it why am I worrying about my weight when I will always have this thing.

But my husband persuaded me to get a bikini a couple of years ago, something I haven't worn since before kids. He told me he find me sexy no matter what and to just look around- no one really cares, they are all worried about themselves.
I brought a bright red high wasted bikini and I love it. It covers my horrendous stretched belly and is just tight enough to conceal the overhang.

I'm happier when I don't care, o also want my teen girls to be happy in their own skin and to do that I have to model that.

Oopsadaisydoddle Sun 23-Aug-20 16:07:45

thatplaceinjordan Mon 24-Aug-20 09:08:32

Bless her - I get alopecia patches too, I feel worse if I try to hide them.

She's very brave

Deathraystare Tue 25-Aug-20 12:53:11

She lost most of her hair to alopecia last year and at 13, I thought she'd be devastated..all she said was "it's only hair" and "my hair doesn't make me who I am"...proud mum moment!

That is so cool! I would not have been so ok with it at 13! I am not cool with losing hair at 60! I am not suffering with alopaecia, just menopausal hair loss (very slight).

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in