Talk

Advanced search

Black jersey wide leg trousers?

(62 Posts)
Asterope Sat 22-Aug-20 10:33:01

I have some tummy trouble and can't have anything tight on my waist but I don't want to look like I'm in loungewear either. I can't find anything suitable! Hoping I will find some recommendations here. M&S looked hopeful but out of stock🤞🤞

OP’s posts: |
Asterope Sat 22-Aug-20 10:35:21

Oh, and to make matters more difficult I'm short!

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sat 22-Aug-20 10:38:25

www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-partners-jersey-wide-leg-trousers/black/p4885726

Not seen in real life, but these look a possibility?

Or Next might have something.

SeasonallySnowyPeasant Sat 22-Aug-20 10:38:27

I'm hankering after these: uk.saintandsofia.com/collections/bottoms/products/camden-wide-leg-pant-black

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sat 22-Aug-20 10:39:30

I've got some M&S ones with a side stripe, but they deffo fall into loungewear territory.

thisgirlrides Sat 22-Aug-20 11:59:49

@SeasonallySnowyPeasant I've just ordered some of these so fingers crossed they look as good on a normal body in real life

itsgettingweird Sat 22-Aug-20 12:02:51

I saw some like these online the other day from Very.

Maybe more casual than you were intending but worth a look.

I ordered the casual tapered jersey ones just for taking ds to swim training. I'm aiming for comfy but smart rather than my usual look of obviously threw my work clothes off and would rather be in my pyjamas grin

IVORNOIDEA Sat 22-Aug-20 12:04:11

I am a short arse too and the best trousers I have found are the 'cropped' jersey ones from the white company. Flat fronted but with a lovely heavy jersey material so don't cling across the stomach.Full length on me but if they were a bit shorter they would still look good IMO.

here

IVORNOIDEA Sat 22-Aug-20 12:06:51

I also found some which are a lighter weight jersey but still flattering- petite - size down

here

randomsabreuse Sat 22-Aug-20 12:08:39

Sainsbury's roll top joggers are nice

Asterope Sat 22-Aug-20 12:09:43

Going to systematically work through all of these right now!

mynameiscalypso Sat 22-Aug-20 12:17:37

thisgirlrides

*@SeasonallySnowyPeasant* I've just ordered some of these so fingers crossed they look as good on a normal body in real life

Ooh, can you report back when they arrive please? I have also been lusting over them and wondering if they might be the perfect autumn WFH trouser.

thisgirlrides Sat 22-Aug-20 19:49:27

Will do @mynameiscalypso smile

MovinOnUp Sat 22-Aug-20 19:53:25

The saint and sofia ones are on my wish list.

BinkyBoinky Sat 22-Aug-20 23:58:23

I think I've fallen in love.. blush. I want everything! I LOVE how they do pants in 3 lengths, that's amazing for a "trendy" label.

I've just spent a couple of hours browsing their site and ordered the Runway Pants! grin

EraOfTheGrey Sun 23-Aug-20 00:04:44

I have 2 pairs of the Camden pants from Saint & Sofia and I love them. Like you I can't wear a fixed waistband so I like the fit there. The jersey material is thicker than normal jersey trouser so they drape well. I don't have any quality issues with my purchases from there but I know other people have not been so happy. I also have the cropped version and I like those too.

ScorpioSphinxInACalicoDress Sun 23-Aug-20 00:05:47

Me & Em palazzo pants might fit the bill. Fab quality and look equally as good for going out or work as holidays or lounging.

Shinygoldbauble Sun 23-Aug-20 00:12:38

I have black Jersey culottes from Next but I bought them last year. Very comfortable and I'm 5'2 and the petite length are perfect. They probably have similar this year.

Immigrantsong Sun 23-Aug-20 00:16:36

Following with interest.

ArtieFufkinPolymerRecords Sun 23-Aug-20 00:17:07

I've seen quite a few posts about Saintandsofia where people have been drawn in by their good marketing, but are really disappointed in the quality for the price and customer service isn't good.

Asterope Sun 23-Aug-20 07:02:06

Yes, I've heard similarly dodgy things about S&S but their trousers to look ideal!

mrschocolatte Sun 23-Aug-20 07:02:27

Another vote for Me & Em. Have also just put the Baujken wide leg palazzo pants on my Christmas wish list!

Lemonylemony Sun 23-Aug-20 07:07:23

I have some from M&S OP, I know you said they’re out of stock but worth trying when they’re available. They bridge the gap between pure loungewear and acceptable to pop to the shops in for me.

Jeffjefftyjeff Sun 23-Aug-20 07:14:42

I have a couple of different pairs from people tree that I would recommend. These aren’t very wide but super comfy and ‘smart’ : www.peopletree.co.uk/women/trousers/roxy-trousers

These are a different (very comfy, luxurious feeling) material and shorter/ wider leg: www.peopletree.co.uk/women/trousers/chandre-trousers-in-black

Asterope Sun 23-Aug-20 07:24:02

Ooh these do look good! Out of stock in my size though :-(

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in