Talk

Advanced search

Face masks

(7 Posts)
NotBeingFunnyOrAnything Sat 15-Aug-20 13:07:23

I've tried several and find they get in my vision, too hot and too unfcomfortable.

I have quite a small face too.

Can anybody recommend a brand or make or style that might be more comfy for me?

I thought about silk?

Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
maggiso Sat 15-Aug-20 18:12:00

I have a small face too and wear spectacles and personally prefer the smaller shaped ones. It’s very individual what works so what works for me might not for you. I have a couple of fabric masks that seem to fit better than others. A shaped floral Plumo children’s one in linen, which at £10 for one was my most expensive ( tie knots in the ear straps) and a stripe slightly shaped French one by Paisie £6 which is cut quite small and has an adjustable nose, and filter slot I tried less expensive ones and they don’t fit me. I know others prefer the pleated type. None are comfortable in hot humid conditions! I’m sure there are many more that others will suggest.

NotBeingFunnyOrAnything Sat 15-Aug-20 20:24:01

Thanks will check out plumo.

NotBeingFunnyOrAnything Sun 16-Aug-20 09:06:01

Bumping for the Sunday morn crowd smile

TeddyIsaHe Sun 16-Aug-20 09:17:17

Silk won’t work as the masks need to be washed at a high temp to kill bacteria/viruses etc. They’re spendy and would be ruined after one wash!

Have a look at the really soft one piece kids masks, I have one and they’re much more comfortable.

haba Sun 16-Aug-20 09:25:01

I've been wearing the gap ones which I bought for my children, but fit me pretty well- I'm 5'0" and in proportion.
I also have a small adult sized mask from stempunkwear which fits well and is two layers with pocket for a filter.

NotBeingFunnyOrAnything Sun 16-Aug-20 17:57:53

TeddyIsaHe

Silk won’t work as the masks need to be washed at a high temp to kill bacteria/viruses etc. They’re spendy and would be ruined after one wash!

Have a look at the really soft one piece kids masks, I have one and they’re much more comfortable.

Can I ask which brand the kids masks you bought are?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in