Talk

Advanced search

Air &Grace disappointment

(13 Posts)
Cherrypie32 Mon 03-Aug-20 11:40:22

Has anyone else been disappointed by Air & Grace trainers as I just can’t find any feedback. Not the product per se but rather they don’t really live up to the price or hype. After selling a lot of second hand clothing last week I thought I’d treat myself. I follow loads of Insta people that rave about them but also really like the design. But they’re not doing it for me at all. Very shallow on the foot, very narrow, very flat, my Nike trainers are more comfortable. I love the design though. Do they need wearing in? Should I go up a size? So want them to work grin

OP’s posts: |
Sooverthemill Mon 03-Aug-20 14:06:12

I have a pair of air and grace which are a zing! Comfortable, good fit, I thunk they are 'stylish' without being in your face. Maybe the style isn't right for you? You can email them for advice, they are good at responding. What style did you get ? Mine are the Roxy platform

Sooverthemill Mon 03-Aug-20 14:06:44

Oh and comfy from the first minute. And I never wear socks

dontgobaconmyheart Mon 03-Aug-20 14:14:21

I agree actually OP, given the whole MO is comfort technology I didn't think they were anything special. They look nice but my ugly skechers go walk (for the garden only) knock them put of the park and then some for comfort. They look nice but IMO not anything special.

I realise everyone's feet are different so accept it may be my feet not being a good fit for the style and shape of the shoe but I did return them. Also returned some vejas which were far worse, so uncomfortable!

Sooverthemill Tue 04-Aug-20 09:19:46

@dontgobaconmyheart I have Veja too and they were also comfy out of the box. I was not sure and got them on massive discount and was prepared to send them back but they are great. I think it shows how different brands suit different shape feet. I have small narrow feet and both companies are good ( also Adidas but not Nike at all)

Cherrypie32 Tue 04-Aug-20 09:34:13

I’m going to put them on again in a bit for a last ditch try. I have funny feet from an op for arthritis a couple of years ago so I do struggle with footwear. Like I said, I love them but they may not love me.

Sooverthemill Tue 04-Aug-20 11:37:52

@Cherrypie32 definitely only keep if comfy. Too expensive to not wear

Jdhshekr Tue 04-Aug-20 13:57:56

I have mixed feelings about mine. No blisters at all and very comfy to wear from the start from that perspective and they feel nice to walk on as if the impact on my feet is reduced somehow, but they make my big toes ache and I can’t wear them two days in a row because of this as I end up limping. Also, I got one of the styles with the ‘distressed’ toes and I think they just look dirty and scruffy if I’m honest. A shame as without the distressing I’d be in love with the design.

Cherrypie32 Tue 04-Aug-20 19:11:59

They are narrow at the toe area on me Jd I think this is the main problem and the ‘shallow’ feel of them. Perhaps I have a high instep 😩 they’re going back sadly.

Sooverthemill Tue 04-Aug-20 21:18:07

@Cherrypie32 that's the right decision. You'd be so pissed off if you end up not wearing them

Cherrypie32 Tue 04-Aug-20 23:16:20

Thanks Soover voice of reason

dudsville Wed 05-Aug-20 08:53:20

This sounds like a shoe shape for me, I'm going to Google...

dudsville Wed 05-Aug-20 08:55:26

Ah, my feet are narrow but long and these look short.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in