Talk

Advanced search

OMG Please help me. I need something great to wear to a wedding..

(20 Posts)
Megglevampire Mon 01-Oct-07 17:45:29

I haven't quite lost all my baby weight and am having a huge confidence crisis.

I completely forgot I'm going to a wedding on Saturday and have nothing to wear. Its a really close friend's wedding ( have even thought about cancelling as am dreading having to get something new sad)

Mojo- where's that gone then?

I wondered about a dress?

found one on the M&S website that I thought could look good with opaque tights and mary janes?

I'm currently a size 16 big norks- good ish legs- non exisistant waist right now blush

arrrrrrrrrrrgh

Megglevampire Mon 01-Oct-07 17:48:37

this is the dress:

here

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Mon 01-Oct-07 17:56:04

Afraid it might not be the most flattering for the norkssad. But worth a try - just order a couple of others just in case, I think.

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Mon 01-Oct-07 17:59:03

Empire line good for lack of waist, but you'd need a shrug/jacket/good arms (at least 2 out of 3).

Megglevampire Mon 01-Oct-07 18:01:28

Oh, I thought the seqiuns might detract.

I have a feelin hat if we do go I'll be wearing a swimming costume,combat trousers,balaclava and stilettoes. sad

Anybody seen any lovely dresses that are not low cut. Maybe not even a dress...oh tits...

Megglevampire Mon 01-Oct-07 18:03:37

Jackie that is really lovely but I'm not sure what I'd wear it with.

I wanted some opaguey tights I think. It's going to be pretty cold and my bare legs would look shocking atm.

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Mon 01-Oct-07 18:12:10

OK - same sort of shape, but a lower neckline (though it might not work - V-necks are best for flattering larger norks). I like this too - the ruching over the body should be very flattering.

janeiteofthelivingdead Mon 01-Oct-07 18:16:38

Love the new name Jackie - and that red dress is very nice indeed. I imagine it could be worn with opaques, lovely black heels (patent maybe) and a black jacket with fake fur collar - very 1940s siren!

janeiteofthelivingdead Mon 01-Oct-07 18:18:56

Quite like this too and it has a v neck.. But maybe the pattern is a bit too loud?

Megglevampire Mon 01-Oct-07 18:29:38

I'm not sure I like either- feel free to shout fussy cow and leg it.

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Mon 01-Oct-07 18:35:03

No - it's fine, it's such a subjective thingsmile. How about this - bit like the first one, but with a deeper neck?

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Mon 01-Oct-07 18:35:46

Ooh - this is gorgeous, but it's a love it or hate it one, I suspect.

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Mon 01-Oct-07 18:38:30

Quite plain, but could work?

Megglevampire Mon 01-Oct-07 21:18:40

Jackie thanks- the clarice one stands out so far.

The blue knitted one shock that would make me look horrid I can tell.

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Mon 01-Oct-07 21:20:41

Might cling in all the wrong placessad. Are you going to do a mass order, or head out and try stuff on in rl? HOpe you find something you like.

norkmaiden Mon 01-Oct-07 21:21:45

Megg, not keen on the one you originally posted, but have swooned at this this really similar one.

Megglevampire Mon 01-Oct-07 21:32:12

Hi Norks- yes I looked at the embellished one too. I did like it.

I have a few hours tomorrow to try things on. I want to lessen the running around which is why I am frantically looking this evening.

I am dreading looking in the changing room mirror sad

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Mon 01-Oct-07 21:33:23

Hey - if they don't work, it's the fault of the dresses, not your body.

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Mon 01-Oct-07 21:39:35

This?

Megglevampire Mon 01-Oct-07 21:43:36

Nope, but I do like it. IYKWIM.

like this but would have to try it on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now