Talk

Advanced search

Shoe recommendations - work and casual!

(3 Posts)
Jellytot844 Sat 01-Aug-20 08:33:47

Looking for some recommendations for shoes please! Some for work and some for casual . Have completely lost myself in the last 4 years with having kids etc and now trying to sort out my wardrobe again. Ballet shoes are not going to cut it anymore, they are ruining my feet!

Work - im a primary teacher in a fairly smart school. Need to be flat or almost flat as heels just don't cut it. I like wearing midi dresses or tailored trousers with a shirt. Occasionally more knee length dresses. Tend to wear ankle boots in winter but I'm a bit lost with summer!

Then casual! Again I've just completely lost myself! Looking for trainers to wear with jeans. I'm afraid I wear standard mum outfit so not looking for anything too edgy, but I find Converse hurt my feet as they are a bit flat.

Thank you so much to anyone who finds time to reply to my plight!

OP’s posts: |
OublietteBravo Sat 01-Aug-20 08:37:57

Something like these for work?

LoveBeingAMum555 Sat 01-Aug-20 15:07:12

I am revamping my wardrobe and have the same problem, I have an old foot injury so can't wear anything too flat. Try Ecco or Fitflop for leather trainers that don't look like trainers, or have a look at Daniel footwear. I have just bought two pairs of leather trainers one black one white to wear with dresses.

I also like brogues if I want to be a bit smarter. I have 3 pairs of Clarks Hamble Oak in nude, black and navy and a pair of white brogues from office.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in