Talk

Advanced search

Dental floss

(16 Posts)
MrDarcysMa Wed 29-Jul-20 22:02:19

Can anyone recommend a brand that is nice and thick and rope textured - not a thin silky ribbon one, that doesn't cut it for me.

*just tried the Superdrug own brand ones, they're awful the floss is so weak and just frays really quickly!

OP’s posts: |
Hairthrowaway Wed 29-Jul-20 22:03:45

Does it have to be floss? Sounds like interdental brushes would do the trick (they come in different sizes)

badhairallthetime Wed 29-Jul-20 22:07:24

I like this one, its thicker and also expands when you pull it. On the downside its not mint flavour its cardamom which takes a bit of getting used but now I like it, and its not cheap. However, its the only one I will now use. www.amazon.co.uk/Dr-Tungs-Smart-Floss-Yards/dp/B00CQ7QHXY?tag=mumsnetforu03-21

dementedpixie Wed 29-Jul-20 22:08:52

If your gaps are wider then interdental brushes are good

Bloodylovecheese Thu 30-Jul-20 00:07:02

These are amazing..I got them for £3 as being discontinued in store.

homemadecommunistrussia Thu 30-Jul-20 07:13:23

georganics i love the little glass bottle, but most importantly it works.

MrDarcysMa Thu 30-Jul-20 08:02:11

Thanks for the recommendations. I can't use the brushes much as they don't fit in my gaps but also I need floss to get up under the gums at the top of the tooth, which brushes can not.

I also bought a water flosser as recommended on here but can't quite get the hang of it!

Silverstreaks Thu 30-Jul-20 10:54:07

This one is slightly quicker than normal and waxed. Really good.
Tepe brushes come in a large range of sizes and you can get cheaper subscription rates if you use Prime.

MrDarcysMa Thu 30-Jul-20 19:30:40

@Silverstreaks I've tried the smallest tepe brushes and they just bend as they won't fit through the gaps (or lack of them)
That floss is the opposite of what I'm after, it's too smooth and waxed, I'm after the thicker rough stuff to really clean in between my teeth.

MrDarcysMa Thu 30-Jul-20 19:32:28

@Silverstreaks thank you though !

curlyfries Thu 30-Jul-20 20:04:45

Oral B ultra floss is perfect, is in ready cut strips, and one end is really thick - my dentist recommended it years ago, I can’t use the really skinny waxy floss.

whichteaareyou Thu 30-Jul-20 20:05:42

The corsodyl one is really thick it's lovely!

jeremypaxo Thu 30-Jul-20 20:13:59

I know you said you don't like Superdrug, but have you tried the sensitive expanding floss from there? It's my holy grail dental floss. I absolutely love it. Gets all the gunk out!

Bellebelle Thu 30-Jul-20 20:20:28

Cocofloss is exactly what you’ve described, thick and ropey. I use it for most of my teeth and then the tape stuff for my teeth that are tightly packed. I bought a load in the US last year but they sell it in Boots now.

WehIstMir Fri 31-Jul-20 16:37:25

The best floss I have ever used is Oral-B Pro-Expert Premium Floss - it’s not cheap but thick, easy to use and cleans really well.

EL8888 Fri 31-Jul-20 17:43:13

Another vote for Oral b superfloss

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in