Please could you show me your 'cool' walking sandals?

(83 Posts)
Elloello Wed 29-Jul-20 20:18:38

contradiction in terms...maybe?
I've tried tevas for my upcoming uk holiday which I'm sure will be great but want to ensure I'm not missing a trick on something nice looking, able to go in water and comfortable. Oh, and if there's anything cheaper that git the bill!

OP’s posts: |
PandaGreen Wed 29-Jul-20 21:38:38

If you want the most comfortable walking sandals, Merrell is the one. There are usually some nice shapes:

www.merrell.com/UK/en_GB/womens-footwear-sandals/

snappycamper Wed 29-Jul-20 21:43:39

There is no such thing

MrDarcysMa Wed 29-Jul-20 21:49:25

Literally no such thing.
Sorry but I can't see any nice shaped amongst the Merrill ones above.

NotMeNoNo Wed 29-Jul-20 21:53:36

Who do you want to look cool to?
Other outdoors types - Merrel/Teva or similar.
Stylish people - their Tevas will be immaculately co-ordinated or they wont' be anywhere near the water in spotless white trainers.

I think people stumbling around woodland parks or rocky beaches in fashion sandals look a lot less cool.

which Tevas have you got?

AnyFucker Wed 29-Jul-20 21:56:27

All those Merrell monstrosities are fugly

NotMeNoNo Wed 29-Jul-20 21:58:14

I think they look better on than in the product picture

NotMeNoNo Wed 29-Jul-20 21:59:59

You might be better off just wearing trainers. Walking sandals get a beating every summer on MN.

cultkid Wed 29-Jul-20 22:00:01

This has made me cackle
They are all ugly af

goldenshoe Wed 29-Jul-20 22:01:29

The holy grail! I quite like these ones in Anthropologie, but not sure I could pull them off. They look comfy though
www.anthropologie.com/en-gb/shop/sorel-kinetic-ankle-sandals2?category=shoes&color=066&type=REGULAR&quantity=1

OublietteBravo Wed 29-Jul-20 22:06:21

I have some Merrells that I really like. They’re very comfortable. They’re also a few years old. I’m not sure that I’ve been in any water wearing them though.

goose1964 Wed 29-Jul-20 22:09:27

Skechers reggae look quite nice, they're on Amazon but I can't copy the link.

JollyGiraffe12 Wed 29-Jul-20 22:15:36

I think Tevas are about the best you can do unfortunately....

kittensandcoffee Wed 29-Jul-20 22:23:38

Tevas are actually pretty popular with London's fashion set...

MsJuniper Wed 29-Jul-20 22:28:41

Aren't plain Tevas supposed to be the in thing this year? I have some which are more complicated so I am sadly missing the boat yet again.

I love a walking sandal. Had some chunky Merrells which I'm sure would be hated here but I wore them to death.

EmpressSuiko Wed 29-Jul-20 22:34:22

I’m sorry OP, I personally think they are all ugly!
My husband asked if I’d like a pair of comfy sandals and my face screwed up instantly when he showed me the walking sandals🤣

NavyBerry Wed 29-Jul-20 22:36:26

Black plain tevas is the best you can get but better get nothing

mathanxiety Wed 29-Jul-20 22:42:11

I have blue/grey Tevas that are several years old at this point. They have the flip flop style /thong toe and an ankle strap.

They're great, can walk in water, dry quickly, the velcro is still as strong as the day I bought them.

However, for walking in woods or on a pebbly beach I wear a closed sneaker to keep pebbles, etc from bothering me.

DeffoJeffo Wed 29-Jul-20 22:42:36

Tevas are super in at the moment and I can walk for miles in mine!! Stick with them!!

Mrsmchammer Thu 30-Jul-20 00:56:54

Not sure how you feel about Sports Direct but I've always got good ones from Karrimor. I wore them in water because they're less than 20quid. Skechers and Regatta have some really lovely ones too.
As for cool.... My entire family despair at my love of a "walking sandal", I am definitely anti cool but even I think those Merrel ones are not pretty 😂

CountessFrog Thu 30-Jul-20 00:58:57

I’ve got those pink merrells, too.

They look ok with painted toenails, however the Velcro comes undone all the time.

My daughter has sketchers sandals that are much better

choli Thu 30-Jul-20 01:04:00

Naot sandals are incredibly good.

PandaGreen Thu 30-Jul-20 01:27:22

Ooh its a divider isn't it.

Depends how long you want to wear and what terrain. Those Anthropologie ones won't stand up to a 12 hour hike. They don't have the support. Very similar to an Office pair of cross sandals I have. Wore them on an epic 12 hour shopping trip and got plantar fascitis which is bloody painful.

The Merrell ones above in the picture are the nicer ones. The secret is they are like walking on marshmallows, your feet will love you. I've worn mine hiking no problem. I quite like the Chilli coloured ones, with some matching nail polish I think they'd pop.

PandaGreen Thu 30-Jul-20 01:34:42

www.merrell.com/UK/en_GB/terran-lattice-ii/23142W.html?dwvar_23142W_color=J55310#cgid=womens-footwear-sandals&start=1

Userzzz Thu 30-Jul-20 02:04:49

I think the Birekstock Gizeh in the Pearl color are the nicest comfortable sandals.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in