Talk

Advanced search

Does this look like acne rosacea?

(9 Posts)
Cherryup Mon 27-Jul-20 19:11:19

I have been diagnosed via video call with acne rosacea, I'm really not sure it is though.

I've read the NHS info on it and it doesn't really fit. I've suffered from cystic acne for years and I think this red bit and lumps are infected cysts, they're very painful and swollen.

Generally I have about 3 big sore lumps at a time which last a week or two, usually on my chin or cheeks near my nose.

OP’s posts: |
Cherryup Mon 27-Jul-20 19:13:50

This is more how it usually looks.

iamusuallybeingunreasonable Mon 27-Jul-20 19:14:31

Yes it does, ask for Soolantra at the doctors, it doesn't work for everyone but it's very good for this kind of rosacea

DameDoom Mon 27-Jul-20 19:27:33

Yep, classic type 2. Soolantra will sort this out for you - don’t let them fob you off with anything else. It will get worse before it gets better but is an absolute game changer. I had papules and pustules all over my face and you wouldn’t even know I had rosacea now. Miraculous stuff.

iamusuallybeingunreasonable Mon 27-Jul-20 19:29:06

DameDoom

Yep, classic type 2. Soolantra will sort this out for you - don’t let them fob you off with anything else. It will get worse before it gets better but is an absolute game changer. I had papules and pustules all over my face and you wouldn’t even know I had rosacea now. Miraculous stuff.

It's seriously a wonder cream, branded Soolantra but know as ivermectin, it makes you sensitive to the sun but I can live with that for its results

BrandNewShinyThings Mon 27-Jul-20 19:32:07

Soolantra also worked wonders for me, I still have a red complexion but can cover it with makeup, it is amazing to be free of the spots having suffered for over 15 years.

Cherryup Mon 27-Jul-20 19:36:10

Ooh thank you, I will request that.

mcdog Mon 27-Jul-20 20:38:43

Is it prescription only cream?

iamusuallybeingunreasonable Mon 27-Jul-20 21:04:17

Yes prescription, you can buy from pharmacies online but it's pricey

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in