Talk

Advanced search

Times have changed, style-wise, since Pretty Woman.

(13 Posts)
GreeboIsMySpiritAnimal Thu 23-Jul-20 22:58:03

Watching this atm on Comedy Central, and both Vivienne and Kit nearly get kicked out of the fancy hotel because they're wearing skimpy outfits.

Wouldn't happen these days, the staff would just assume they're a stray Kardasian! 😄

OP’s posts: |
PerfidiousAlbion Thu 23-Jul-20 23:12:49

Same here.

I never see anyone with beautiful hair in real life. I think it only exists on Instagram

PerfidiousAlbion Thu 23-Jul-20 23:13:19

Oops. Wrong thread!

Bella2020 Fri 24-Jul-20 11:23:27

You can still see replicas of that brown, polka dot dress available now. Polka dots are eternal!

karmasic Fri 24-Jul-20 14:37:42

GreeboIsMySpiritAnimal

Watching this atm on Comedy Central, and both Vivienne and Kit nearly get kicked out of the fancy hotel because they're wearing skimpy outfits.

Wouldn't happen these days, the staff would just assume they're a stray Kardasian! 😄

I thought they got kicked out because they were hookers (and acting obviously)?

GreeboIsMySpiritAnimal Fri 24-Jul-20 15:22:42

Oh hooray, people who want to talk to me about early 90s rom com fashion!

And the outfits definitely had something to do with it - hence the famous "big mistake. Huge" scene. Whereas nowadays dressing provocatively is normalised among the very rich.

LivingDeadGirlUK Fri 24-Jul-20 15:29:01

I remember seeing the movie and thinking she looked bloody awful in the outfit she wore in the final scenes compared to her hooker outfits :p

keiratwiceknightly Fri 24-Jul-20 15:32:18

Not sure even the very rich dress like hookers to wander around Beverly Hills...

StatisticallyChallenged Fri 24-Jul-20 15:53:08

Not sure even the very rich dress like hookers to wander around Beverly Hills...

I'd beg to differ, I remember noticing some very skimpy clothing when we visited Beverly Hills, and a quick google image search turns up photos of various Kardashian/Jenners shopping in outfits which would have fitted in very well in the early scenes of Pretty Woman!

CushionsandCandles Fri 24-Jul-20 16:08:55

You say that but this look is bang on trend right now!!!!!

TweeterandtheMonkeyman Fri 24-Jul-20 16:43:58

I much preferred her hooker outfits when I was 10 blush

TweeterandtheMonkeyman Fri 24-Jul-20 16:44:26

I mean preferred them to her “classy” make over!

GreeboIsMySpiritAnimal Fri 24-Jul-20 16:58:38

Yeah, I remember being particularly enraptured with her over-the-knee boots!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in