Talk

Advanced search

Best Vitamin C serum?

(13 Posts)
OneForTheRoadThen Sun 19-Jul-20 07:58:39

Hi, any recommendations? I've tried Dermalogica Biolumin Serum which I liked but was too pricy for me to justify really. Also used The Ordinary Vitamin C 23% suspension but it was too gritty (I need to use it in the mornings as I use retinol at night).

Currently using The Ordinary Ascorbic Glucoside Solution 12% but I haven't noticed any difference really and I don't like the way their serums feel on my skin, they always feel a bit sticky.

I don't mind splashing out as long as it lasts a good few months.

OP’s posts: |
Fluffycloudland77 Sun 19-Jul-20 08:10:09

I use the ordinary vit c powder mixed into my sunblock every morning. Half a scoops enough.

TeddyIsaHe Sun 19-Jul-20 08:13:10

Oskia Super C capsules are divine, but pricey. They’re oil based and my skin looks immediately better when I use them.

Beauty Pie do a much cheaper dupe which are also lovely.

Superdrug Vitamin C booster serum is a fiver and I really rate it. Good amount of actives for the price.

CarlottaValdez Sun 19-Jul-20 08:15:16

I use the beauty pie capsules which are pretty nice.

OneForTheRoadThen Sun 19-Jul-20 08:20:16

Thank you! Beauty Pie is out of stock at the moment but will try those when they're available. Will pick up the Superdrug one in the meantime.

OP’s posts: |
asparalite Sun 19-Jul-20 15:38:17

This one is really good, recommend it.

asparalite Sun 19-Jul-20 15:39:57

Eucerin Hyalaurin filler.

LivingDeadGirlUK Sun 19-Jul-20 16:01:37

I've been using the superdrug one, it is the only one I've tried but having gone in skeptical of the whole vit C thing, it does seem to be brightening my complexion after a month of using.

JamieLeeCurtains Sun 19-Jul-20 16:04:56

Asda do one for £2.50. Orange tube with a black lid, on the skin care shelf. I like it; it's very soothing on my face.

Fedup21 Sun 19-Jul-20 16:07:17

I like the Body Shop one.

I find all of their other products massively overpriced and generally nothing particularly special, but I do really like this.

onemouseplace Sun 19-Jul-20 16:09:12

I really like the Timeless one.

onemouseplace Sun 19-Jul-20 16:10:12

The Skinceuticals one is really good as well, but it's not that much better than the Timeless one for the extra £££.

DoraemonDingDong Sun 19-Jul-20 16:54:48

I've just started using La Roche-Posay's vit c serum, nice texture and scent.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in