Talk

Advanced search

To be sure, to be sure...leopard print?

(32 Posts)
nzeire Mon 13-Jul-20 11:37:45

Yay or nay?

I’ve just turned 50... is it dangerous ground into middle aged ness?

It’s ganni, over the top and I love it smile

OP’s posts: |

I love leopard print. I’m in my 30s and gladly wear it, and did so in my 20s too. Caitlin Moran declared it a neutral, and I agree. Goes with everything and is instantly glamorous.

Thinkle Mon 13-Jul-20 11:51:42

I agree that it’s a neutral, in fact now that I understand this I have much more fun pairing it with bright colours and trainers.

toastmeahotcrossbun Mon 13-Jul-20 13:37:34

Go for it. I often channel my inner Bet Lynch and I think you should too wink

NC4Now Mon 13-Jul-20 13:38:54

Go for it! Only one item in your outfit though, otherwise it’s too much.

docemmett Mon 13-Jul-20 13:45:54

I love leopard. Some leopard print can look cheap though and be cautious of anything leopard and skin tight, or low cut. Also depends on your overall style and what you wear with it.

LuxuryWoman2020 Mon 13-Jul-20 13:50:17

Love it - with caution. A bag, a subtle top etc yes. Full on coat for <me> would be full on Bet Lynch. I love the slightly muted animal prints around now

ElvisPresleysSideburns Mon 13-Jul-20 13:51:07

Yay!

I love a bit of leopard!

ElvisPresleysSideburns Mon 13-Jul-20 13:51:33

Yay!

I love a bit of leopard!

midnightstar66 Mon 13-Jul-20 14:00:42

I adore leopard print but stick to trim/shoes/accessories rather than full on swathes. Dd7 adores it though so I can Live vicariously through her too.

nzeire Mon 13-Jul-20 22:18:04

Ok, ganni sales, here I come!
It’s not subtle, it’s not an accessory, it is a voluminous dress smile that I intend to wear over jeans

Gonna scare the teenagers!

LunaNorth Mon 13-Jul-20 22:19:51

Pic please!

userxx Mon 13-Jul-20 22:22:44

I love a bit of leopard, think I'll wear my leopard print maxi dress with flip flops to the pub on Saturday. I'm almost 45 🤷‍♂️

onefatfoot Mon 13-Jul-20 22:57:32

Love a little bit of leopard print! This is one of my favourite casual tops. Bought years ago for about a tenner. It's probably very love it or hate it, and not classic print, but makes me feel good.

I also have some Converse with leopard print, but they're a bit on the tight side. See my username blush

onefatfoot Mon 13-Jul-20 22:58:00

Love a little bit of leopard print! This is one of my favourite casual tops. Bought years ago for about a tenner. It's probably very love it or hate it, and not classic print, but makes me feel good.

I also have some Converse with leopard print, but they're a bit on the tight side. See my username blush

nzeire Tue 14-Jul-20 01:58:42

Here it is smile

1forAll74 Tue 14-Jul-20 03:00:46

I love leopard print, I bought a leopard print fluffy jumper last Winter, but I made it into a cardigan,so more versatile to wear with a plain top underneath with a skirt or trousers or leggings etc. And it just reminded me of a lovely coat I had in the swinging sixties, but that was an Ocelot one, bought from a C & A store in Manchester. I felt like a model in it,when I was about 20 then.

LunaNorth Tue 14-Jul-20 03:16:30

That’s fab!

ShirleyPhallus Tue 14-Jul-20 03:24:20

What does ganni mean?

Rua13 Tue 14-Jul-20 06:57:19

Ganni is an Italian label.they use a lot of leopard print

Iloveyoutothefridgeandback Tue 14-Jul-20 06:58:49

My mother is 60 and still rocks the occasional bit of leapord print. She looks fantastic in it.

MsRinky Tue 14-Jul-20 10:13:19

I love leopard print (am wearing furry leopard adidas superstars right now) but think it needs simple shapes - fussy neckline and voluminous sleeves on that dress would be too much for me, but if you love it then you go for it.

evilharpy Tue 14-Jul-20 11:56:40

I love a bit of leopard. I have loads, from a couple of viscose lovely drapey shirts from Reiss and various jumpers, to a pair of trainers from Primark and lovely Hoxton boots from Boden which get comments every time I wear them. I wear mostly neutral colours and avoid pattern so a bit of leopard is as quirky as I get.

Also have this coat from Karen Millen that I picked up second hand for a tenner (photo stolen from Google) but have only worn a couple of times because I worry it is veering a bit too far into Bet Lynch territory. It's lovely in real life but I feel very conspicuous in it!

smileannie Thu 16-Jul-20 10:04:24

Oh yes, go for it - beautiful dress. Life without leopard print would be sad.

toomanyplants Thu 16-Jul-20 10:13:37

I love it, and wish I had the confidence to pull it off, makes me feel like liz McDonald

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in