Talk

Advanced search

First bras

(11 Posts)
fairyfingers Tue 30-Jun-20 21:46:40

can anyone advise a good place to get first bras/crop tops with some kind of support for skinny girls?

Just measured Dd and she's only 24 inches round her chest but has a couple of inches difference around her boob. All happened very fast and she is getting uncomfortable so vests won't cut it any more.

I've looked on m&s and JL and they start at a 28 but I think that's going to swamp her and do bugger all in terms of support. She's almost 11 but can wear 8/9 clothes except for length so is a skinny minny.

OP’s posts: |
Wigeon Tue 30-Jun-20 22:01:35

I’ve got the same issue with DD - definitely developing, but from my research actual bras (even “first bras”) only start at 28” and she’s not that yet. So we’ve gone for the kind of racer back style crop top, which seems more supportive than some of the other more flimsy crop tops (have literally just bought some more in the next size up as her first lot have got too small, but she still won’t fit a bra). Eg:

M&S

Next

Next 2

John Lewis

fairyfingers Tue 30-Jun-20 22:08:26

Ah star, thank you. I was looking at these too so good to hear they help - it's that bit of support she needs.

Also she's sporty so she won't hate these like she would something delicate.

ThroughThoroughThoughTough Tue 30-Jun-20 22:13:05

The Uniqlo girls airism bra is the best one I’ve found - dd finds the padding helpfully protective and it’s tight enough around the band (she’s very petite).

John Lewis crop tops also come up tight on the band, but aren’t padded, and so she prefers the Uniqlo ones.

toobusytothink Tue 30-Jun-20 22:14:09

Pink is the place to go!

passthemustard Tue 30-Jun-20 22:17:16

I'd recommend trying some on in say M&S. When I took my DD a couple of years ago I thought she was a 28 from measurements but we ended up with a 32 as they were all tiny! Maybe the 28s will fit.

ThroughThoroughThoughTough Tue 30-Jun-20 22:23:57

Honestly, I can’t imagine a 28 will fit. I’m a 28 (measured by Bravissimo) and I’m a solid size 10. My dd is too small for adult sizes (wearing kids 9-10 or 10-11) and needs something that’s about half the width I wear, and it sounds like the OP’s dd is similar.

sanitygirl Tue 30-Jun-20 22:35:57

Have a look at Tezenis girls bras https://www.tezenis.com/uk/kids/girls/underwear/

My daughter is a very slim 13 year old and their size 12-13 fits her well. I think her band measurement is around 26 inches and chest 29 or 30

BuffaloCauliflower Tue 30-Jun-20 22:37:49

Boux Avenue bands come up small - say 28 but actually fit smaller. Smaller than 28 is hard to get so sometimes need to just make it work, but keep measuring as she grows

Canklesforankles Tue 30-Jun-20 22:55:07

Some 26 here. Any good?

www.dim.com/en_CH/c/bras-31100/

fairyfingers Wed 01-Jul-20 03:10:54

Some great suggestions here, thanks. Those DIM ones look great actually so will start off there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »