Talk

Advanced search

Dark under eye circles - help

(16 Posts)
KaySamuels Mon 24-Sep-07 22:00:48

I have very dark shadows under my eyes at the moment and they look awful! I have olivey skin anyway so I just look ill!

I used to have an undereye cream for this years ago but can't rememeber what it was.

Can anyone recommend a cream for this? Don't really want to use a cover up/make up, as it's hard to match one to my skin tone and I am pretty minimal on this make up anyway as I have oily yet sensitive skin! hmm

TIA for any replies. smile

SabaSaba Tue 25-Sep-07 09:57:35

I too have dark under eye circles & have just bought some bare escentuals mineral foundation, you can use this as a concealer as well ( with concealer brush ). Found that whilst it didnt give complete cover it made them look a lot better, supposed to be ok on sensitive skin as well.
( I have never found a cream concealer to that didnt make it look worse )Sorry cant recommend a cream that works, but thought this might be worth a try ( Lily lolo do samples for a quid, and is similar, allthough I havnt tried this )

KaySamuels Tue 25-Sep-07 11:39:12

thanks sabasaba will look into that smile

VintageGardenia Tue 25-Sep-07 22:28:21

I sometimes suffer from shocking dark circles and I don't know if there's any science bit to back it up but I do find increasing my water intake has a dramatic effect. It's so ageing, I loathe them on myself, but I would have thought on olivey skin (lucky you!!) they would not be so bad. Anyway, water water water. There's no point making up over them, better to eliminate them if poss.

Also if you do a sort of very gentle massage around browbone, cheekbone, all round the eye socket with your fingertips, as described in the leaflets that come with Eve Lom products (if you've ever taken out a bank loan to indulge in their deliciousness). Can't find it on website but do a gentle facial massage, help the bad stuff to drain away & drink water to help flush.

Hope it works!

SilentTerror Wed 26-Sep-07 09:11:18

I agree about the water. I used to have dark 'hollows' which looked awful,but since Ihave been drinking loads(8-10 glasses) of water a day they are gone!

KaySamuels Wed 26-Sep-07 21:22:44

Hmm you might have a point about the water, I do seem to be drinking more tea and less water at the mo. blush Don't be too envious of my olive skin tone, most of the time I just look jaundiced! No really, I had jaundice mildly once and my mum did not notice it!! Plus I also battle adult acne. hmm

Will start drinking more water tomorrow and see if it helps, been trying to picture the cream I used to buy but can't picture it, v.frustrating. hmm grin

Skyler Thu 27-Sep-07 12:52:20

I know you don't want make up but YSL Touche eclat comes in three shades now. I have only recently started doing make up but wore this every day. V quick and easy to apply, I promise.

NorthernRockCod Thu 27-Sep-07 12:53:17

DONT DO ECLAT

tis makes a lto of folk lergical

Skyler Thu 27-Sep-07 13:15:09

Eh? lergical??

Yorkshirepudding Thu 27-Sep-07 13:17:22

Message withdrawn

KaySamuels Fri 28-Sep-07 08:33:32

I usually understand cod speak but lergical??? grin Please explain cod!

foosfan Fri 28-Sep-07 09:48:51

I read somewhere that olivey skinned peeps are more prone to circles I know Ive got em.
Ive tried allsorts including the expensive ones and I found bog standard el cheapo boots no7 concealer is the best Ive tried for hiding them as its quite thick but it doesnt bleed into wrinkles.

ImNotInterestedInYourKids Fri 28-Sep-07 09:49:35

allergic

natch

Skyler Fri 28-Sep-07 10:17:26

Natch. grin

spudcounter Sat 29-Sep-07 07:17:53

mine look worse after drinking the night before so it might well have sthg to do with water intake...drink being dehydrating and all that...has your increased drinking of water helped? I use touche eclat but also put on a cream...Boots delay instant eye brightener underneath..think it has reflective particles in it

KaySamuels Sat 29-Sep-07 08:16:18

Have been drinking more water and think I am looking a little better for it! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now