Talk

Advanced search

If you're young(ish) and work outdoors, what trousers do you wear?

(7 Posts)
Sadik Thu 18-Jun-20 20:43:16

DD has started working with me during lockdown & has decided she needs an alternative to jeans to avoid that soggy cold heavy experience when it's raining. I wear hiking trousers in summer (Kuhl roll ups), Dickies Eisenhower trousers in winter both of which are pretty robust & also quick drying - but I think she's wondering if there's something a bit less "middle aged" out there (she's usually in a Levis + hoodie / t-shirt, so we're not talking cutting edge fashion grin ). Anyone under 30 & got a good answer?

OP’s posts: |
ComeBy Thu 18-Jun-20 20:46:53

Are leggings or tracksuit / sports gear not suitable?

notso Thu 18-Jun-20 20:52:17

I'm not under 30 but volunteer in an outdoor role in all weathers, I have a couple of pairs of Acai skinny weatherproof trousers that my 20 year old DD approves of.
I only got them because they tuck nicely into my boots!

Sadik Thu 18-Jun-20 20:56:42

The Acai biker ones look like they might fit the bill, thanks! Comeby she doesn't like leggings (& also something a bit more protective is useful), technical material tracksuit pants is another good thought though.

OP’s posts: |
SparkyBlue Sat 27-Jun-20 20:59:56

@notso would you recommend Acai trousers. I just spotted them recently and thinking they would be a nice alternative to leggings or jeggings as I am always on the go with three small children . Are they worth the money? Do they sag around the knees or does the shape holds?

Bigpaintinglittlepainting Sat 27-Jun-20 21:37:25

I wear fabletics yoga trousers and old climbing trousers which are essentially yoga trousers in the summer. I wore a pair of coral linen trousers in the heat, which were from Tesco’s they are super cheap and pair with Stripey t shirts. Also cut off jeans as I like to kneel in soil 😬

Shouldbedoing Sat 27-Jun-20 21:40:47

I wear Karrimor Panther walking trousers for my indoor job - they have good stretch at the knee

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in