Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone tried shampoos with added colour?

(26 Posts)
Budapestpest Mon 15-Jun-20 10:15:14

I’m thinking about the brunette ones for example. Do they add a little colour, like the purple shampoos do if you leave them on for too long?

OP’s posts: |
MikeUniformMike Mon 15-Jun-20 18:33:55

Yes, they add a little subtle colour.
The superdrug one is good.

VeganCow Mon 15-Jun-20 18:43:47

Yes the Superdrug ones are great.

Budapestpest Mon 15-Jun-20 18:55:07

Oh great thanks, I’ll check that one out

Budapestpest Mon 15-Jun-20 18:57:31

Just looked and the only one I can see made by Superdrug is a dry shampoo, is that what you mean?
I was thinking of normal shampoo but brunette, like this one for example

MikeUniformMike Mon 15-Jun-20 19:09:37

There's a superdrug own brand one.
www.superdrug.com/Hair/Hair-Colourants/Wash-In-Wash-Out/Superdrug-Colour-Effects-Wash-Out-Hair-Dye-Rich-Red-6-4/p/751851?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4ebPirWE6gIVQuDtCh1TZA9MEAYYByABEgJOcPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

There are other colours

Budapestpest Mon 15-Jun-20 19:11:23

Ah yes I see, thanks. I was searching under shampoos instead of dyes

Budapestpest Mon 15-Jun-20 19:18:01

So can I ask do you use this instead of conditioner? I’m looking for something to use regularly just to add a slight brunette shine to my greying hair to warm it up a bit. I don’t want a dye, which is why I was thinking of a shampoo but if this works instead of conditioner then that might be ok?

BlackCrow Mon 15-Jun-20 20:11:16

No it's just shampoo. Leave it in for five minutes while you wash the rest of you, then rinse. Condition as usual afterwards. It's good stuff - I've used it on and off for a while... The colour builds with each wash... once I get to the colour I want, I use a regular shampoo every second or third wash to stop the colour getting too intense.

BlackCrow Mon 15-Jun-20 20:12:31

Did you never use "Shaders and Toners" as a teenager? It's basically them, but in a little bottle instead of a sachet.

Budapestpest Mon 15-Jun-20 20:20:35

No, I didn’t! I don’t think I’ve heard of shaders and toners

DC3dilemma Mon 15-Jun-20 20:25:38

The JF one you’ve posted is pretty rubbish, no noticeable difference.

But there is a definite difference with this one (and the conditioner that goes with it):

www.boots.com/plantur-39-colour-brown-shampoo-10241889?cm_mmc=bmm-buk-google-ppc-_-PLAs-_-(GB:Whoop!)+Plantur-_-(GB:Whoop!)+Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Beauty+-+Desktop&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgL-Y0sWE6gIVcmHmCh1NpQGxEAQYAyABEgKdzPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It can build up, with your hair getting really quite dark. Every few weeks I use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of mousse/product build up and find my hair comes back to a lighter brown again...3 or 4 washes in, it’s dark and shiny again.

Imissmoominmama Mon 15-Jun-20 20:27:38

I often use a Wella conditioner with added colour. It’s especially effective if I towel dry my hair first and leave it on for 5-10 minutes.

MikeUniformMike Mon 15-Jun-20 20:28:47

There's a similar one by Pro,Voke. I think it is called Liquid Brunette, and that has a conditioner too.

I have the Liquid Blonde one. It's quite good. I think Savers sell it,.

Budapestpest Mon 15-Jun-20 20:28:47

That’s interesting thanks! But it doesn’t Peramently stain the hair?
I’m growing out my grey at the moment and thought that this may help with the growing out process but don’t want to stain my hair

Budapestpest Mon 15-Jun-20 20:29:13

That was to @DC3dilemma by the way

Budapestpest Mon 15-Jun-20 20:29:38

Thanks @Imissmoominmama and @MikeUniformMike

ProseccoandPizza Mon 15-Jun-20 20:30:10

Superdrug one posted above is awesome. For months and months I’ve used that between salon dying it it’s convenient for me. Assume the brown would take more over greys. I’m a natural redhead and use the rich red for a bolder red.

Budapestpest Mon 15-Jun-20 20:31:39

Great, thanks! I’m definitely going too order the Superdrug one to try

DC3dilemma Mon 15-Jun-20 20:34:35

No it doesn’t stain the hair, switch shampoo now and again and it’ll wash out. It’s strongly coloured, but it hasn’t stained my skin or anything else in the bathroom either.

Budapestpest Mon 15-Jun-20 20:35:44

Brilliant, thanks

MikeUniformMike Mon 15-Jun-20 20:38:12

I find the brunette one doesn't look good on me but the blonde one sort of blends the hair better.
I was originally sort of reddish mouse.

I think if you have highlights it might stain for longer but I have undyed & unbleached hair. The results are subtle, but it is there.

Budapestpest Mon 15-Jun-20 20:41:08

Looking forward to trying these. Have ordered the plantur one and the Superdrug one

emma6776 Tue 16-Jun-20 19:27:36

The Superdrug ones are amazing. I’m blonde and use the cool blonde one.

kingkuta Tue 16-Jun-20 19:43:45

I love the Superdrug one in Copper. It's a really good colour and builds up the more you use it.

Shaders and Toners - that really brings back memories of spending my pocket money in Boots. There was a similar product in little sachets called Hint of a Tint and a wash out colour called Glints that we all used to get grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in