Talk

Advanced search

Hair dryer

(9 Posts)
AlphaDalpha Sun 14-Jun-20 22:46:34

Can anyone recommend a hair dryer?

I'd love a Dyson one but I'm not spending that on a hair dryer! Used for my naturally straight hair a few times a week.

They vary in price so much and the Dyson style ones on Amazon have good reviews but are so much cheaper I'm dubious.

It's a good 15 years since I bought my current one.

OP’s posts: |
GreenTulips Sun 14-Jun-20 22:49:05

I brought a travel one from boots for around £15 and it’s the beat one I’ve had!! Total opposite end of your budget.

Wanttobeateacherinscotland Sun 14-Jun-20 22:51:01

Argh OP you’ve just reminded me mine broke today and I need to order a new one! I’m really not sure what to go for as I end up having to replace them every couple of years. So I am tempted to go for something better quality but I really don’t think I want to pay Dyson prices. I do fancy the Dyson Airwrap but I don’t think it replaces a hairdryer.

StillMedusa Sun 14-Jun-20 23:12:30

Hate to say it but...the Dyson is (IMO ) actually worth the money... I'e had normal £30 hairdryers for years and this year saved some money from Xmas and Birthday and bought a Dyson in January.. and I wouldn't go back. It's weird... and brilliant. So fast on the higher settings , but I use it on a cool setting and slower and my hair (lots of it..naturally frizzy) is so much smoother . My DD2 has waist length uber thick hair and it has cut her drying time by half.
I expect it to live forever smile

Murinae Sun 14-Jun-20 23:24:06

I have a parlux powerlight 385 and it’s great.

StCharlotte Mon 15-Jun-20 15:23:11

I have this one and it's great.

WellTidy Mon 15-Jun-20 15:41:36

I'm getting the Dyson one next. I tried it once and it was brilliant (I have fine, wavy and frizzy hair). I've had a Braun silencio hairdryer for the last 30 years. Will it die, will it heck!

EdinaMonsoon Mon 15-Jun-20 16:45:13

I have the Parlux Powerlight too. Highly recommend. Mine is 4 years old & still going strong.

Bananaman123 Mon 15-Jun-20 20:18:18

Another vote for parlux, bought after being recommended on here years ago. If you search the model you want you will probably get one for 70ish

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in