Talk

Advanced search

Waterproofs...

(7 Posts)
nevernotstruggling Wed 10-Jun-20 17:25:28

I bought the dds those pac a mac things for summer rain. They both hate them (10 and 7). I recall hating them too as a child. I don't want to force them!

What is the consensus on those soft shell jackets? They are £15 in mountain warehouse just now.

Are they good for summer bad weather? Too hot? Not waterproof enough?

We do a lot of dog walks etc but I don't force them out in thunderstorms...

Any alternative?

OP’s posts: |
WowLucky Wed 10-Jun-20 17:30:22

I don't think soft shell jackets even claim to be waterproof, especially not at £15.

Personally, I think if you need proper waterproofs, you need to buy good ones but if only within walking distance from home and then only if you get caught out, just wear what jackets you have and change when you get home.

EdinaMonsoon Wed 10-Jun-20 18:10:25

At that age, my DCs had waterproofs from Muddy Puddles. They are excellent quality, last forever and can then be sold on or donated when they've outgrown them. As they got older & didn't want the "Muddy Puddles" logo (albeit barely noticeable), I bought cheaper ones but nothing ever compared.

EdinaMonsoon Wed 10-Jun-20 18:11:41

Forgot the link for you OP!

They are generously sized to take into account layers being worn beneath too. So buy your usual size.

goose1964 Wed 10-Jun-20 20:36:03

My god the price of those muddy puddles coats, this is more my price point www.mountainwarehouse.com/email/kids-waterproofs/?qs=1&gender=&colour=&size=&use=&s=priceLow&lp=&hp=&searchintent=MSIA&gclid=Cj0KCQjwiYL3BRDVARIsAF9E4Ge7lGKekRcGb6ga_FAKdBmqu9cOjwe5YL7ZUbl7ciQCzsEMS81PFQEaAkIUEALw_wcB

mogtheexcellent Wed 10-Jun-20 20:41:55

Yep. Muddy puddles. I buy in sales.

Plus its recycled water bottles.

nevernotstruggling Wed 10-Jun-20 21:38:10

Dd1 is size 13 so muddy puddles too small but thanks anyway

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in