Talk

Advanced search

40 plus skin

(7 Posts)
ambereeree Sat 06-Jun-20 14:56:56

I'm 41 and after always having wonderfully clear skin with zero effort it's now full of blemishes and weird spots on my jaw. Should I start an exfoliation routine and how many times a week? Thanks all

OP’s posts: |
Fluffycloudland77 Sat 06-Jun-20 15:15:15

See your dr, I did this at 40 & didn’t go so it ended up cystic.

The worst thing is dh told me to stop fannying around and see them but I was convinced I could cure it myself.

Took roaccutane in the end but I’ve got red flat scars which I’ve had 3 years now.

TableNiner Sun 07-Jun-20 10:50:23

I wouldn’t be exfoliating with anything harsh or with particles, likely to just make it worse. You could try salicylic acid. But often this type of thing (chin/jaw spots) is hormone related which means topical treatments are limited in their effectiveness.

Terralee Sun 07-Jun-20 11:35:43

I'm 43 & get spots as I have oily skin.
I'm on Cerazette so don't have periods.
But I've had spots since my teens, they've never really stopped. It's not bad acne, just like 1 or 2 on my face at a time.

Bluesheep8 Sun 07-Jun-20 16:44:58

A beautician once told me that spots in different areas of the face have different causes. She told me that spots on the jaw line are hormonal. I would see your gp when you can as our hormone levels can be all over the place from 40s onwards.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 07-Jun-20 16:57:44

Cerazette can make skin oilier, my skin literally exploded when I had the implant.

ZaraW Sun 07-Jun-20 17:03:47

Differin worked wonders for me.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in