Talk

Advanced search

Short haircut for women in their 40’s

(9 Posts)
Bookaholic73 Wed 03-Jun-20 16:15:43

I have medium length hair (just past shoulder length) and am thinking about getting it chopped short.
I never wear my hair down, so may as well get it short.

Do you have any suggestions for a cut?

I’m a little overweight, blonde hair and blue eyes.
Round face shape.

OP’s posts: |
Teenyb77 Wed 03-Jun-20 16:29:14

I was like you with my hair too, I went for the chop. I got it cut like Frankie from the Saturdays. Absolutely love it, wish I could add a picture here. I have a round shaped face too xx

Bookaholic73 Wed 03-Jun-20 22:51:22

@Teenyb77 that’s the kind of cut I was thinking of too!
How hard/easy is it to style and maintain?

Bookaholic73 Wed 03-Jun-20 22:55:50

Or something like this.

MarkRuffaloCrumble Wed 03-Jun-20 22:59:28

The only trouble with that haircut, especially if it’s blonde, is that it looks a bit “speak to the manager” Just make sure you don’t go too short at the back - I think it’s the sharp gradient that can make it look a bit severe.

FWIW, I hate the whole “Karen” thing, taking the piss out of middle aged women, but just in case you want something a bit more current, I’d avoid this one.

Bookaholic73 Wed 03-Jun-20 23:21:12

MarkRuffalo. I think the photo i posted is a bit more funky than the one in yours, so hopefully I’ll avoid that Karen thing.
I’ve never actually heard of that!

Teenyb77 Thu 04-Jun-20 07:57:58

Really easy, my hair has a natural curl to it and I just blast it with the hairdryer and a wee run through with the straighteners. I make more of an effort with my hair now than I ever did xx

Noeuf Thu 04-Jun-20 10:21:32

Go above or below chin length though.

I've been experimenting with short hair for a couple of years and that's the frumpiest length on me (thin face, cheekbones, size 10-12)

ifancyagreencard Thu 04-Jun-20 15:58:49

I'm 49 and have got something like this. I'm dark with grey coming through. It's ace - quick whiz over with the hairdryer, a ruffle through with some styling fudge and I'm good to go.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in