Talk

Advanced search

Vest top with built-in bra - any recommendations?

(14 Posts)
WordInYourShellLike Sat 30-May-20 18:50:17

I've been vaguely looking for ages but not found anything suitable! I want something with non-wired comfort-bra-style support and wide straps, preferably cotton, with a wide supportive under-boob strap. Does such a thing exist or am I on a fool's errand? smile

OP’s posts: |
Themostwonderfultimeoftheyear Sat 30-May-20 18:51:44

www.bravissimo.com/collections/vest-tops-with-built-in-bra/

Themostwonderfultimeoftheyear Sat 30-May-20 18:52:19

Not wide straps though unfortunately sad

GreenGreenGrassofSloane Sat 30-May-20 18:53:13

Try Uniqlo

Themostwonderfultimeoftheyear Sat 30-May-20 18:53:31

The PJ section has some vest tops with wider straps smile

www.bravissimo.com/collections/pyjama-tops/

Fairybatman Sat 30-May-20 18:55:09

Themostwonderfultimeoftheyear

Not wide straps though unfortunately sad

The bravissimo ones are great as the bra is more like a strapless one. There’s very little weight on them.

WordInYourShellLike Sat 30-May-20 19:13:40

Ooh thanks everyone! It's never occurred to me to look at pj style vests, excellent idea! Will check the others out too. You're all stars! star

aplo Sat 30-May-20 20:05:38

Uniqlo have exactly these- I think I have one in every colour- They have some that straps are wide and some with adjustable bra type straps.

ThistlyPerf Sun 31-May-20 06:12:40

I’ve just ordered these after a long fruitless search- but they’re taking 7 weeks to get here!

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JGSHXDY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_5RZ0EbBZWM7ZS?tag=mumsnetforu03-21

WordInYourShellLike Sun 31-May-20 18:33:04

They do look good Thistly but says they're only good for C cups and below. sad This is the main part of the problem and I'm probably going to struggle to find a vest with enough non-wired support for my not-at-all-pert-anymore middle aged 38DD's! The Uniqlo ones with wide straps I think are mostly underwired. Oh well, I'll try again in another year or so and see if anything has changed! Cheers for all the help everyone flowers

Ginfordinner Sun 31-May-20 18:37:57

M & S?

aplo Sun 31-May-20 19:05:44

There are no underwire in any of my Uniqlo tops

www.uniqlo.com/eu/en/product/women-airism-seamless-sleeveless-bratop-426570.html

www.uniqlo.com/eu/en/product/women-airism-sleeveless-bratop-422276.html

www.uniqlo.com/eu/en/product/women-pointelle-low-back-lace-sleeveless-bratop-423114.html

WordInYourShellLike Sun 31-May-20 22:29:25

Sorry aplo yes, you're right. They do look good, just a bit pricey for my budget. I wonder if they work for <ahem> the larger and saggier breast? The inserts look very like the ones on Amazon that Thistly linked to that said only suitable for C cup or smaller...

Strongbeatsskinny Sun 31-May-20 22:34:36

I’m a GG cup and wear the bravissimo vest tops they are fantastic and hold the girls in without any problems.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in