Talk

Advanced search

I want a richer version of my natural hair colour. Dye it? Or other options?

(8 Posts)
PowerslidePanda Mon 25-May-20 22:27:08

I have medium to dark brown hair and am happy with the shade, but feel it's a bit dull and flat. I'm after a richer version of it, or something that changes the tone a little.

Obviously going to the hair dresser is out of the question at the moment. I guess an at-home dye is the most obvious option, but I've never done that before(!) and it seems a bit over-kill when I want something pretty similar to my natural colour. So are there any products out there that will do what I want? All the colour enhancing stuff seems to be for dyed hair and I've seen stuff that helps you go a shade lighter, but nothing for darker or a hint of red or anything like that.

OP’s posts: |
LouiseTrees Mon 25-May-20 23:27:24

There’s something called a vibrance I believe which is a semi permanent dye used to gloss up the hair and match your own colour closely. Not sure where to get it though. Only ever had it at the hairdressers.

Mnthrowaway20202 Mon 25-May-20 23:29:54

I think it’s called a hair gloss treatment.

Mnthrowaway20202 Mon 25-May-20 23:32:02

Alternatively try a brunette shampoo

wonderrotunda Mon 25-May-20 23:32:56

I’ve no idea what this is like...
www.plantur39.com/en-gb/colour/colour-brown/hides-your-roots?utm_source=Taboola&utm_medium=Advertorial&utm_campaign=CH_TAB%7CPR_P39-Braun%7CFL_01%7CTR_Prosp%7CDE_Mob%7CCR_Rational%7CKZ_Conv%7CLA_GB%7CID_063%7C&utm_term=2900604404&utm_content=This+is+what+you+can+do+now+with+the+first+grey+hairs+and+light+roots&tblci=GiDMB_6o3NyEwd_sOStFuUD10Ze9ocUEn8jt4K80iaPtTSDhrE8

DukeOfEarlGrey Tue 26-May-20 00:26:22

I have natural red hair and have used the Aveda and John Frieda colour depositing conditioners for red hair - I think they’re exactly what you’re after and the effects are lovely. Both do brunette versions and the John Frieda one is only about a fiver.

Halfpint2017 Tue 26-May-20 00:35:00

Try Maria Nila colour refresh. It comes in a few shades from red to brown to lilac and more and it’s conditioner with semi permanent dye through it. You choose how long you leave it in your hair and it gives your hair a good shine and a hint of colour. Also it’s in bottle with a wee pump so you don’t have to faff around mixing bottles etc.

PowerslidePanda Tue 26-May-20 12:09:54

You lot are brilliant - those are exactly the sorts of solutions I was hoping to find, thank you!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in