Talk

Advanced search

L’Oréal Steampod 3.0, anyone tried it?

(6 Posts)
QueenOfPain Sat 23-May-20 22:31:19

Just wondering if anyone has tried the L’Oréal Steampod 3.0 and if you’d recommend it?

My hair is down to my bum, used to be tight ringlets when I was a child, but much looser wave these days, still very frizz prone though if not careful with humidity. Currently use the biggest plate GHD’s very infrequently, as if I want straight hair I’ll usually just pay for a blow dry and make it last as long as possibly (8-9 days). Otherwise just let my hair dry naturally and wear it in a loose bun on top of my head.

Thought a Steampod might encourage me to do more with my hair, but is it really worth it? The main issue with GHD’s is that I have to go over each section of my hair a few times. If I’m wearing it straight I tend to want it poker straight and shiny like glass which just never seems to happen with my GHD’s, certainly not like the hairdresser can do it.

Soooo....anyone used one? Would you recommend?

Thanks.

ZaraW Sun 24-May-20 04:57:50

I've been using it for the last six months. I love it. My hair is really curly and frizzy and it only takes one pass to get totally straight hair. It doesn't take long as the plates are wide. My hairdresser noticed less heat damage on my last visit back in February.

ZaraW Sun 24-May-20 04:59:02

My ceramic straighteners make my ends look crispy that doesn't happen with the Steampod.

QueenOfPain Sun 24-May-20 14:41:47

Thanks, that’s good to know! Struggle to find reviews on line that haven’t been paid for or had the product gifted!

Nixee2231 Sun 24-May-20 14:54:08

I used to have the first version and I really loved it, it was the only straightener that didn't damage my already ruined, bleached, dry hair. Especially using it with some sort of serum or cream left my hair very silky smooth and not crispy like other straighteners. At the time I remember my friends all had GHDs and would were die-hard fans and I didn't understand the fuss at all because their hair was always much drier compared to mine, even though I dyed mine a different color every month.

Pradababe Sun 24-May-20 16:11:20

I have an older version but I love them. My hair is thick and wavy so without them I look like Hagrid. After using them my hair is sleek and relatively 'swishy' and it holds it's shape so no endless hair straightening sessions needed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »