Talk

Advanced search

Villanelle vs Carolyn

(34 Posts)
PrincessHoneysuckle Sat 23-May-20 19:01:12

I think their clothes in Killing Eve are brilliant; two very different styles and I couldnt pull either off tbh.I love Carolyn's smart semi androgynous look but Villanelle wears things most couldnt get away with.Whos look so you prefer?

AmNot Sat 23-May-20 19:04:51

Villanelle has worn some wonderful things but also some massive mistakes, which she can, being much younger.

I prefer Villanelles style but Carolyn always looks very classy.

Lily193 Sat 23-May-20 19:05:28

I love Villanelle's style and buy the same things myself.

TooMinty Sat 23-May-20 19:11:52

The clothes are brilliant aren't they? I'm too old to pull off Villanelle's look and too short for Carolyn's!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 23-May-20 19:19:41

Oh Carolyn all the way.

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Sat 23-May-20 19:21:43

Carolyn all the way, but if I dressed like that it wouldn't have the same effect, as I don't have Fiona Shaw's fabulous figure and facial features.

SmokingCurtains Sat 23-May-20 19:24:13

I wonder where I can buy some of Villanelle's styles, her actual clothes/brands are way too expensive!

HermioneWeasley Sat 23-May-20 19:24:25

Carolyn looks expensive all the time, even casually. I wonder what it costs to look as elegant and well tailored as her

RuffleCrow Sat 23-May-20 19:25:38

I can't watch this programme. It's just twisted. Not sure who's looking at the fashion when 12 year old boys are being grostesquely murdered by someone we're apparently supposed to fancy and be rooting for. Grim.

Shmithecat2 Sat 23-May-20 19:25:40

Love both - more so Villanelle, but I'm defo more the age of Caroline - I LOVE her coats.

Ghostlyglow Sat 23-May-20 19:30:54

I love Villanelle. All the stuff she wears is really expensive designer stuff - I saw an article about where it was all from a while ago.

MissSmiley Sat 23-May-20 19:33:31

@PrincessHoneysuckle what a great thread!
I wish I could wear what villanelle wears, so cool but I should probably aspire to Carolyn at my age

WeeMadArthur Sat 23-May-20 19:35:01

Love Carolyns stuff, she does always look classy, but I also love that Villanelle sometimes wears things that you have only ever seen on a catwalk.

Comingoutontop123 Sat 23-May-20 19:59:12

Lolling at outraged person not understanding fiction.

PrincessHoneysuckle Sat 23-May-20 21:30:35

@RuffleCrow it's a dark comedy it's not a horror film!

mummillion Sat 23-May-20 21:36:09

I actually like Eve's look most of all and I love her figure and hair too

TenThousandSpoons Sat 23-May-20 21:50:08

I thought this was a baby names thread grin

Gwynfluff Sat 23-May-20 21:54:58

I like eve too. But Carolyn stands out for classy style that I could probably wear as well. Eve’s body shape is doing a lot of the work and I’d just look a crumpled mess. With Carolyn, the cut of the clothes is doing the work!

PrincessHoneysuckle Sat 23-May-20 21:59:11

Are they all designer clothes that they both wear?

Gwynfluff Sat 23-May-20 22:25:06

Yes. But think villanelle are more couture avant garde

Dailyjunglegrind Sat 23-May-20 22:38:39

Love Villanelle’s she has an amazing physique that showcases the fashion well.. she is an amazing coat hanger for shifting product! I was just searching the other day with the gorgeous vintage widow blue dress - sold out £500+ dress.. she would have designers lining up. My DH couldn’t believe there are websites Harpers Grazier etc Listing all product details ..
Carolyn- classic cut .. timeless ..works well and tailoring works for all heights and frames ... love both .. just wish I was 20 yrs younger & minted to enjoy Villanelle’s wardrobe

Hamsterian Sat 23-May-20 22:54:28

I didn’t realise there was a 12 year old boy who had been murdered, what episode as this?
I like all the styles on each character, they each suit what they wear. Eve has an amazing toned torso.
If I wear to chose for myself, I would have Carolyne’s stuff. Her coats are beautiful. And the tops, jumpers. Everything. I have one coat which could sort of pass for that style which I bought in Norway on holiday. Bought it 10 years ago but still looks fabulous and always get compliments on it.

quarentini Sun 24-May-20 01:10:11

Carolyn gives good coat!
Eve is more high end glam.
I love both equally

1forAll74 Sun 24-May-20 02:53:46

Villanelle definitely, and just as much as I love all her great facial expressions, and mannerisms.

PrincessHoneysuckle Sun 24-May-20 08:55:48

@quarentini gives good coat.love it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »