Talk

Advanced search

Primark

(7 Posts)
Deathraystare Sat 23-May-20 18:02:42

Damned annoying that they are closed and have no online shoipping.

I will be running out of the foundation I like:

Need more tee shirts

Want another pillow and a fitted sheet (I know I could order from Argos/Wilco etc but not the point!

Also now pound land has closed for now I suddenly want to get some enveloped from there (I know WH Smith's do some for a price!

Anyone else missing Primark? They must be losing money I reckon!

AvoidingRealHumans Sat 23-May-20 18:25:46

Yes 😩 I desperately need underwear and my sons do too. Also love buying random things for the house too.

Hopefully they start opening up soon

Deathraystare Sat 23-May-20 18:38:03

Makes me mad - the local Artisan Bread stalls are out in force but we cannot get our essentials!!

MadisonAvenue Sat 23-May-20 18:46:18

I desperately need some of their cheap jeans for when I walk the dog. For £8 I don’t mind them getting pulled on brambles or muddy and I’m down to my last pair.

I was trying to drop a dress size before lockdown because we had a holiday planned so hadn’t bought much in the way of clothing since Christmas so I’m getting pretty desperate for some new things. I’ve barely got any Summer clothing as I’d had a good clear out last year so that I could buy new ready for this Summer and I’m not keen on buying clothing online.

I actually listened to a radio phone in yesterday about how clothes shopping will work once shops reopen and one thing that was mentioned was if we’ll be able to try things on and if so, what happens to clothes we’ve tried but don’t buy. Will they have to be quarantined?

MonkeyToesOfDoom Sat 23-May-20 18:52:06

I bet Tesco and Asda have seen a rose in clothes sales. My DD needs new shoes but there's no shop in town that sells them, I'd have to go to Tesco in the next town over.

littlealexhorne Sat 23-May-20 19:05:31

@MadisonAvenue I saw a segment on I think BBC news showing a store in Italy where you could now try things on, but anything tried on was taken away and quarantined for a certain amount of time, so maybe something similar will happen here?

I think I also read somewhere that Primark are planning on big reductions once they can reopen to clear their backlog of stock, which could be amazing if they do (though I reckon in reality it'd be chaos and lots of queuing!)

Deathraystare Sun 24-May-20 10:06:46

Littlealex - I was thinking that as I went past Primark on the bus. Selfishly hoping there will be a lot of summer stuff because I never seem to have enough - which is weird because I am not one of those people who shiver in the winter. I never need many layers!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »