Talk

Advanced search

Yoga/Pilates online?

(12 Posts)
Musicforsmorks Sat 23-May-20 14:12:09

For an absolute beginner, with no experience whatsoever.

Anyone know of any YouTube or other online tutorials that I could start practicing with?

I tried on on YouTube a few years ago but even though it was aimed at beginners it still had me baffled so I gave up.

Sorry if this is in wrong MN section.

thenewaveragebear1983 Sat 23-May-20 14:16:18

Try yoga 30 days with Adrienne. I was an absolute beginner and did the full 30 days, I couldn't believe how much better I felt. She does training/tutorial videos for all the moves as well and an introduction to the moves to teach the basics or just search for her on YouTube

Musicforsmorks Sat 23-May-20 14:37:02

Ooo, thank you I will try this! ❤️

BatshitCrazyWoman Sat 23-May-20 17:31:25

For Pilates I have subscribed (£10 a month) to www.yourpilatesphysio.com//

I've done over 20 years of face to face Pilates and this is the closest I've got to my excellent teacher.

Lots of stuff for all levels on her site.

NailsNeedDoing Sat 23-May-20 17:39:49

Another vote for Yoga with Adrienne, as an absolute beginner, I’d go for her beginners videos first and then do one of the 30 day programs.

Musicforsmorks Sat 23-May-20 22:20:43

Thanks, this is great x

banivani Sat 23-May-20 22:50:21

Pilatesology is an excellent resource. It’s not free but you can pay per month and drop the subscription if you’re not happy with it. At the moment they do a weekly free workout (new one every Monday) but they’re not always the best for beginners. pilatesology.com/free-at-home-pilates-workout/

thewinehasgonetomyhead Sat 23-May-20 22:55:57

Another vote for Yoga with Adrienne x

clary Sun 24-May-20 01:20:34

I agree, Adrienne is amazing, I have been doing Home for 18 days now and can really feel and sense a difference.

slinkysaluki Sun 24-May-20 16:39:40

I use Epilates online i do an hour a day its very effective and the tuition is easy to follow

ZaraW Sun 24-May-20 18:28:54

I use Alo Moves you can pay monthly or annually at a discount. There are thousands of classes for beginners to advanced in yoga, pilates and meditation.

The Journey Junkie on You Tube is really good.

Stealthynamechange Sun 24-May-20 18:40:26

Hi

I use "yoga with charlie" on youtube, she is my yoga teacher & absolutely brilliant. Love her voice, adrienne irritates the life out of me!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »