Talk

Advanced search

Nail colour for when we can go to a salon

(10 Posts)
Freetodowhatiwant Sat 23-May-20 11:54:17

I am wondering what nail colours will be the thing this year? If there is indeed such fashion in the time of corona. Last year there were a lot of Pedis with white and variations there of but I was not brave enough to try it as I’m so used to seeing my toes with bright reds, pinks, orange or silver. I’ve just painted fuchsia at home but am looking forward to a proper pedi once the salons open and wondering what colour to go for.

Turnedouttoes Sat 23-May-20 12:04:14

Oohh I love a white pedi although it’s not looking as neat and clean doing it myself.
I’ve been toying with not going back to acrylic nails due to the cost saving but then I see a photo of myself with lovely long ombré nails and I want them back!

Honeybee85 Sat 23-May-20 12:05:46

I think whatever colour is fashion when there's a recession. Probably either something very neutral or very dark like eggplant purple, very dark red or brown or black.

Freetodowhatiwant Sat 23-May-20 12:20:06

Interesting to relate it to economics @honeybee85. Do you remember the lipstick index in a previous recession? Not sure if the colour was affected but apparently when people can’t afford bigger treats they go for smaller ones and lipsticks in particular saw a big rise in sales. From an economic point of view we might go back to doing them ourselves more and not being able to afford salons.

@Turnedouttoes I think I might be brave and try a white-Ish pedi. I have dark skin though so it will really stand out. Maybe I should try it at home first but I can’t be bothered to try to remove the half grown out gel!

Honeybee85 Sat 23-May-20 12:27:10

Yes @FreetodowhatIwant and I think it makes sense....if you can not buy let's say the Chanel bag then the lipstick is something that can give you the same feeling but it is a (more) affordable luxury.
I think I also read that in upcoming economics women love to buy designer cosmetics for this reason.

I based my idea on economics because I know during recession times, clothes and shoes are generally more sober in design!

WhoWhatWheree Sat 23-May-20 12:40:50

I have dark colouring, I always go for white on my toes. It looks so simple, neat but elegant haha.

MulberryPeony Sat 23-May-20 13:07:09

I fancy a yellow polish. OPI never a Dulles moment or China Glaze metro pollen-tin.

Lndnmummy Sat 23-May-20 18:10:18

My normally orangey red. It’s my forever summer colour

Suzie6789 Sat 23-May-20 18:55:27

It’s not my favourite but very different for me, and quite ‘out there’, it would look better in desk or tanned skin

Freetodowhatiwant Tue 26-May-20 09:19:17

The yellow looks fun! No sign of any salons opening here but I THINK I am going to be brave and try out a pale colour on the toes for the first time in years. The trouble is the shade I am thinking is usually the shade I have on my hands. Can we do matchy matchy...? BTW I realise there are bigger issues in the world right now smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »