Talk

Advanced search

Workout leggings for short legs

(12 Posts)
plainflower Fri 22-May-20 22:51:08

I am 5'1 and I always struggle to find any sort of bottoms to suit my height and the length of my legs. I used to shop in the kids section until I had a baby but my body has changed so much now that I just can't do that anymore. I'm after some good workout leggings that are not see through and will come to just over my ankles. Please help me find something that I can feel comfortable wearing to my workout sessions!!

Ifonlyiweretaller Sat 23-May-20 00:00:04

I'm exactly same height and just bought some Sweaty Betty 7/8 leggings after everyone on here raved about Sweaty Betty. Not cheap, but I bought sale ones (still £52 though ) as wasn't sure I'd like them. But I absolutely love them, perfect length and for so well. I'm not a fitness person at all but these make me want to be 🤣

plainflower Sat 23-May-20 01:08:08

@Ifonlyiweretaller oh wow! I'm not sure how I feel about spending that amount of money on a pair of leggings 😂 do they come to above your ankles? x

pairofchairs Sat 23-May-20 07:25:04

I was just coming on to say Sweaty Betty 7/8 leggings too.

They're expensive, yes, but worth it. And you can always find an SB code or a pair on eBay.

Better to spend £££ on a pair of leggings that fit like a glove and last years than multiple pairs that don't last.

HostessTrolley Sat 23-May-20 09:02:46

I’m 5’4” with short legs, I bought fabletics 7/8 leggings from tk maxx for just over £20 - the fit and the fabric are great and they’re just above the ankle on me. They always have offers on the fabletics website (I know some people get the new customer offer then cancel) but can often be picked up on eBay too

polkadotpjs Sat 23-May-20 09:07:12

I find h and m are ok on me and I'm 5'2 with short legs

lotusbell Sat 23-May-20 09:07:45

Decathlon or Lucy Locket Loves if you like bright designs. I'm 5ft just and there is a bit of creasing at the bottom but not too bad. Look for 7/8 length or maybe capri

oohnicevase Sat 23-May-20 09:11:16

I get 7/8 leggings usually from tk maxx and they are full length .

Ifonlyiweretaller Sat 23-May-20 10:47:01

@plainflower I know what you're saying re the price, I'm not even a real fitness person, just bought them for my daily walk. But so many people rate them. And yes, they finish above my ankles, fit well and are very comfy. Weirdly they actually make me FEEL a bit more sporty too! wink

GlassOfProsecco Sat 23-May-20 23:02:15

M&S! Their active wear is surprisingly good & some lines come in a short length.

LunaTheCat Sun 24-May-20 03:50:47

Five foot nil - Lorna Jane fit perfectly!

PalacePaper Sun 24-May-20 07:38:15

I'm 5'2" with short legs and I've recently bought some 7/8 ones from M&S and they finish just above my ankles. I think they were £29.50 so not cheap, but I'd been very tempted by sweaty Betty so they were cheaper in comparison grin I'm really pleased with them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »