Talk

Advanced search

Stockings

(8 Posts)
hazyjinty01 Thu 21-May-20 18:50:16

I'm trying to find stockings that are a good fit for short legs with thick thighs and failing miserably have tried from what Katie did and touchable last and although they were good quality not a good fit. Any day to day stockings wearers out there that can advise.

OP’s posts: |
StarlightLady Fri 22-May-20 07:40:09

I’m a regular stocking wearer and for day to day wear l usually go for the John Lewis own brand. I buyvin bulk. You may have to experiment to see what size is best for you.

‘Suggest you avoid any brand labelled “one size”. One size anything does not fit anyone properly.

I’d also suggest you avoid anything with a lace top; not practical.

hazyjinty01 Fri 22-May-20 13:16:51

Thank you I've ordered a few to try

OP’s posts: |
StarlightLady Fri 22-May-20 15:17:11

OP. On e you have established your correct size (depends on height as well as size of legs etc) they are so comfy. I wear them for work day in day out, outside of the “bare leg season”.

StarlightLady Fri 22-May-20 15:18:12

On e should be “once”! Why can’t l type?

slinkysaluki Fri 22-May-20 19:12:46

Starlight Lady

I like to wear stockings in the bedroom but 6ft tall i can never find any long enough, any ideas ? Can you get stockings for tall with long legs ?

StarlightLady Sat 23-May-20 03:09:25

@slinkysaluki - I was referring more to day to day wear, never being one for dressing up for the bedroom.

M&S offer extra large, which might be worth a try, if you can find them. I gave up on M&S when they withdrew barely black (black still available though).

Alternatively, Aristoc (my evening out stocking of choice) and Pretty Polly both come up slightly larger in size than John Lewis, but for me, they don’t last nearly as long.

slinkysaluki Sat 23-May-20 06:29:16

Thank you x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in