Talk

Advanced search

Kaftans for house wear?

(14 Posts)
SC10 Thu 21-May-20 11:43:41

Can anyone recommend a company that sells kaftans (or kaftan type clothing) suitable to wear around the house (preferably lined). I would prefer a muted colour rather than bright colours.

I did try to look online but couldn't see anything, but not sure if I am looking in the right places.

typicallyatypical Thu 21-May-20 13:13:21

Do you just mean loose, long line tunics or long dresses in airy, breathable cottons or linen? Why lined, would just not see through suffice?

Toast excel in these type of dresses year in year out so check out eBay if new is out of budget. They always do linen smock style dresses, cotton tunics, check out the nightwear section too, they call them dhuggie.

Cos and Arket also do a lot of loose styles.

Also, it's not my thing so I'm no expert on brands, but when this sort of thing comes up, the lagenlook is always recommended. Just google images and you'll see immediately what they style is, might be of interest.

SC10 Thu 21-May-20 13:56:15

Thanks so much for replying and all your helpful suggestions, I really appreciate it. (Yes, I did just mean not see - through, rather than needed to be lined, I bought a lovely one a few years ago but never wore it as realised when I got it home that it was see - through in the light so couldn't wear it if visitors were round/taking bins out etc).

RoseandViolet Thu 21-May-20 14:00:06

H&M have some nice good priced ones.

Everley Thu 21-May-20 14:55:27

Sahara sell lots of lovely wafty linen pieces in the summer. I have a few pieces in black and while not lined they aren’t see through. Obviously different colours may be more transparent but might be worth a look.

SC10 Thu 21-May-20 23:13:19

Thanks so much both of you for the suggestions.

hernamewasrio Thu 21-May-20 23:43:43

Definitely H&M - seems to be their thing this season and I love them!

GrimDamnFanjo Fri 22-May-20 00:46:53

I've picked up a few from Cool Kaftans because they are mostly cotton and I like wearing them around the house in the Summer.

bumhead Sat 23-May-20 22:22:51

Actually Amzon have some great ones. I got. a few and wear nothing else at the weekends while I am in the house

lurker101 Sat 23-May-20 22:29:12

Khaadi have some really nice kurtas, in a wide range of colours, they are online and in Westfield Shepherds Bush (when we can go back to stores!). I find they are more reasonably priced than similar quality from John Lewis etc.

Shwighty1 Sun 24-May-20 22:48:33

I caught a ‘live’ thing on Facebook or insta the other day by a lady who was selling really beautiful kaftans and scarfs I think the company name was Jo’s Little shop of joy

zeddybrek Sun 24-May-20 22:55:12

Another one for Khaadi. They are perfect for hot weather and nice fabrics.

LambChopsMcGee Sun 24-May-20 23:38:31

I have this from Uniqlo

www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/women-extra-fine-cotton-a-line-split-neck-long-sleeved-dress-422532.html?rrec=true

Deathraystare Wed 27-May-20 16:31:01

I've had a look online at Khaadi (often went past the store @ Westfield!). No mention of what the fabric is though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »