Advanced search

Supportive Shoes/trainers for arthritis

(5 Posts)
stressbucket1 Wed 20-May-20 08:29:32

Any recommendations? I have bad hip arthritis so need shoes with good shock absorbance. I usually get skechers but was wondering if there was anything a bit more stylish to go with jeans for everyday wear? Trainer/loafer style. I am early 40's Thanks

OP’s posts: |
RoseyPeas Wed 20-May-20 10:41:31

I use orthotic insoles which I can put inside most wide fit shoes.

Although today I'm wearing them inside my Skechers grin

stressbucket1 Wed 20-May-20 10:50:13

Thanks is it a particular type of insoles or just any? Will look into that
I actually really like skechers ha ha. Just wondering if there is anything else out there for the spring/summer season.

OP’s posts: |
PaquitaVariation Wed 20-May-20 10:58:37

I haven’t found any insoles which provide the same level of support afforded by trainers and my physio recommends trainers whenever possible, full sole ones if you can, rather than the split sole type that allow the sole to twist in the middle. I’m looking for new ones too but since I can’t go anywhere at the moment I haven’t been looking too hard!

wonkylegs Wed 20-May-20 11:02:49

Fit flop shoes are great with arthritis - they can be expensive but good deals in the sale
I have wide feet and their superballerinas feel like trainers but look nice with dresses or jeans
I have a black pair for work and a silver pair for going out
I also have their cova closed toe sandals for summer

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in