Talk

Advanced search

Trousers that aren't jeans

(58 Posts)
redsky75 Tue 19-May-20 21:31:49

Hi! I'm on the hunt for some comfy, casual trousers for wearing day to day that aren't jeans? I wear jeans all the time and find them tight and uncomfortable. Trackies or joggers are fine around the house but I'm not keen on wearing them out, even on walks etc. Anyone have any ideas? I'm a 14/16 with pretty chunky legs. Thanks smile

KellyHall Tue 19-May-20 21:35:12

Chinos. They're usually more straight legged and breathable cotton.

Pallazo pants. Loose and floaty, will hide "chunky" legs and not get too sweaty in warm weather.

BitchingRestFace Tue 19-May-20 21:38:44

Linen trousers

howells Tue 19-May-20 21:46:23

I was considering getting some of these: www.cottontraders.com/wrinkle-free-pull-on-trousers/AC14225.html#q=Wrinkle+free+pull+ons+&start=4&list=search+result&p=2. Not exactly the height of fashion but I find man-made fibres too sweaty in summer and linen trousers are always really wide in the leg which doesn’t suit me (I’m short 😁).

ThursdayLastWeek Tue 19-May-20 21:48:21

I get cotton leg leg trousers, my favourite are from M&S.

Have to be careful to style them slightly younger!

howells Tue 19-May-20 21:57:01

Or if you’re OK with man-made fibres, these look nice www.rohan.co.uk/womens-travel-and-outdoor-trousers-amblers?ocode=05278b94&p=fp&cr=search. Or Craghoppers Kiwi Pro trousers: www.craghoppers.com/kiwi-pro-active-trouser-dark-navy/

TheCanterburyWhales Wed 20-May-20 07:43:22

Boden Richmond - casual, 7/8
Boden Hampshire- more worky I suppose but fabulous.
Gap bi-stretch

redsky75 Wed 20-May-20 08:02:38

Thanks for all the ideas! I went on to White Stuff and they have loads of linen/cotton stretch/cargo trousers so have ordered from there (good offers too before Sunday) smile

Daisydoesnt Wed 20-May-20 08:07:26

I see I'm a bit late but I bought last week some Mint Velvet chinos from John Lewis. They're fab!!

BikeRunSki Wed 20-May-20 08:10:04

You’re the sane size as me, also with chunky calves. Boden Richmond trousers are your friends here. I have them in 5 colours.

redsky75 Wed 20-May-20 10:33:44

I like the look of the Richmond trousers but they are a bit more formal than I'd like for just now but will bear them in mind for when I'm back at work

Duvetstay Wed 20-May-20 17:26:35

I bought H&m pull on trousers (the 9.99 ones) last year after a MN recommendation and they're fab for summer as really lightweight. I didn't have high hopes that they'd last at that price but they're still fine!

I wear them heaps as they feel like joggers but look like trousers. I am also chunky of thigh!

Suzie6789 Wed 20-May-20 17:32:41

I’ve got some Chinos from next, I roll the legs up a bit into turn ups and they’re perfect.

elephantskiss Wed 20-May-20 21:14:43

@Duvetstay do you have a link? I can't find any at that price so don't think I'm looking at the right ones.

ClientQ Wed 20-May-20 21:15:26

Next utility trousers are good

Duvetstay Wed 20-May-20 21:52:09

m2.hm.com/m/en_gb/productpage.0554477005.html

Duvetstay Wed 20-May-20 21:53:43

I hope that worked! Sorry, I've got the app so virtually impossible to link.

BikeRunSki Thu 21-May-20 06:57:17

@redsky75 I know what you mean about the Richmond trousers being a bit formal, but I have very chunky calf muscles and there are the only trousers I’ve tried for years that fit over my lower legs!

elephantskiss Thu 21-May-20 07:52:35

@Duvetstay thanks!

MulberryPeony Thu 21-May-20 15:35:20

I saw some ‘magic trousers’ on Instagram yesterday from one of those boutique style shops. One size 8-18 or something like that. Fancy trying a pair but trying to decide on colourway and will get them from eBay as they are almost half the price.

Feedmecaffeine Thu 21-May-20 17:57:33

Have you tried a company called Zansea. They are actually Japanese, but Ebay sell a lot of their stuff. The trousers come in different styles, and they do plus size. They go up to a 5xl. If you have bigger legs these will be perfect for you because their wide. They also have an elasticated waist and are really comfy. I hold my weight in my tummy, and my legs are a size 14. I bought the XL and their a perfect fit. The sz chart is a bit iffy, so add on 1-3cm to allow for Japanese sizing. Their made of very thin cotton so cooling for this time of year, and their a steal at prices between £8—£13 with free postage from the UK. They also do dungarees which I bought last year, and I lived in them. They washed really well and they are still in good condition.

Feedmecaffeine Thu 21-May-20 17:59:01

www.zansea.com

notonmywatchyouwont Thu 21-May-20 18:29:21

For those of you saying the Boden 7/8 trousers don't you find them a bit "work wear", the fabric never looks summer casual to me

notonmywatchyouwont Thu 21-May-20 18:30:20

Sorry I didn't RTFT!! See that someone thinks the same as me!

unappreciativeoh Thu 21-May-20 18:34:44

www.whitestuff.com/womens/trousers-and-leggings/khaki-wychwood-trouser/

I really like these but maybe they’re still too joggery? I think it would depend how you styled them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »