Talk

Advanced search

What size Ray Bans

(12 Posts)
MistyMinge2 Tue 19-May-20 12:55:58

Thinking of ordering a pair of either Wayfarer II classic or the RB4305. Should women get standard or small size?

OP’s posts: |
Alocasia Tue 19-May-20 18:45:38

I’m an optician and sell RayBans so I have quite a lot of experience here! There is no way you can know without trying them on. Some women have large heads, some have small heads, same with men.
Unless you know yourself to have a particularly big or small head you really need to try them on (obviously not easy right now).
RayBans can be tricky in that I think a lot of styles don’t suit lots of people. Plus you need to see how they fit on your nose, how they fit along your brows etc - which cannot be adjusted with plastic frames. Make sure if you order them online that they have a good returns policy!

Primotomb Wed 20-May-20 20:10:26

I bought mine direct from RayBan, free delivery and returns. I got Jackie Ohhs and love, love, love them!

Fidgety31 Wed 20-May-20 22:54:36

I have Jackie ohhs too!
They are the only sunglasss I have ever found that don’t hurt behind my ears

oohnicevase Thu 21-May-20 21:48:15

I have small ones , I haven't got a massive head . Not sure that helps!

Ifonlyiweretaller Thu 21-May-20 23:27:59

I have the small wayfarers - until I went into an opticians (rather than a sunglasses outlet) I had no idea they did the smaller ones. The website has some in the small size, but not all of them.

Lordfrontpaw Thu 21-May-20 23:29:39

What’s the lens size?

Lordfrontpaw Thu 21-May-20 23:32:16

Oooh look - www.ray-ban.com/uk/mobile/size-guide

A 58 is the ‘standard’ size

Appuskidu Thu 21-May-20 23:35:16

I have the ‘new’ wayfarers-pretty sure the model is a 2132. I have a pretty small head and they are a 52 width, I think.

Lordfrontpaw Thu 21-May-20 23:38:31

Sorry 58 is the aviator standard (why was I thinking aviator?).

IsolatedIzzy Fri 22-May-20 00:47:39

I treated myself to these while I've been locked down with my holiday cancelled!

MistyMinge2 Fri 22-May-20 17:26:12

I bit the bullet and went for tortoise shell wayfarer II classic in standard size. On their website it advised that 90% of people suit standard size. I got them direct from Ray Ban and got 30% off for signing up to their newsletter. They arrived today and I love them. I've only had cheap ones before. The difference in quality and weight is so noticeable.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in