Talk

Advanced search

Job Interview at Principles, what to wear!

(26 Posts)
AufishFeQueen Wed 19-Sep-07 17:24:48

It's another what do I wear for an interview!

I really don't know what to wear to this interview on Friday!

Do I do the suit look?
Or do I wear a black pencil skirt and short sleeved polo neck with Mary Janes and a pair of funky tights or a coloured pair of tights?
Or should I wear my knitted black dress with grey polo neck underneath with my Mary Janes?

Please help, am off to get a hair cut tomorrow for the interview and will pick up my extras tomorrow whilst in town!

TIA

Cod, Mrs Badger over to you!!

bossykate Wed 19-Sep-07 17:28:51

something from principles...

you can't go wrong with a suit i'd say?

flowerybeanbag Wed 19-Sep-07 17:30:30

I would say don't wear something from Principles, it looks a bit crawly.
I would always say go with suit for interview tbh.

collision Wed 19-Sep-07 17:31:57

go for the suit

I would love to work for Principles. You get 40% off all the clothes even Sale clothes and you have to wear their clothes for work when you get 75% off!!!!!!

LIZS Wed 19-Sep-07 17:44:14

Suit . Do you still Collision ? When I last worked for the then demerged Debenhams it was cut back to 20%, full price only.

AufishFeQueen Wed 19-Sep-07 18:11:24

Ok, so the general opinion is go with the suit, what do I wear as a top though, this is my first interview in ages and am feeling abit unsure. The manager was wearing a knitted dress today when I went in to ask about the job and it was only by chance that my DP noticed the sign, hence why I thought about my knitted dress, shows that I am update. I was quite surprised when she rang me this afternoon as she said that she would not be ringing until tomorrow. I wasn't even dressed particularly well, just a polo neck and a pair of boyfriend jeans when I went in. At my last interview which was last year for a well known jewellery store, I wore a pair of brown wool trousers and a mustard polo neck. I got the job though it was only temporary and since then I have been turned down for every other job. Sorry for the ramble I'm a bit nervous!

FluffyMummy123 Wed 19-Sep-07 18:14:56

Message withdrawn

AufishFeQueen Wed 19-Sep-07 18:33:41

Cod, I have no tracky bottoms whatsoever, hate them with a passion! So what out of my outfits would you wear Cod? Have taken your advice on many an occasion lately and it's been fab advice!

lovey Wed 19-Sep-07 18:38:22

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I like the idea of the dress, although IME, it does look better on slimmer ladies...depends on your size or how forgiving they are! Suit is a bit boring for this I think...I would do smart/fashionable. Good luck, and do tell me how it goes!

janeitebus Wed 19-Sep-07 18:53:44

Not the suit; the dress sounds perfect to me - classic but "of the moment" / smart but not stuffy. What tights would you wear with it if that was your final choice? Oh - and good luck!

FluffyMummy123 Wed 19-Sep-07 19:11:39

Message withdrawn

AufishFeQueen Wed 19-Sep-07 19:48:41

I'm, shhhhhh! 32! and 5'4" and size 10, so am very young and slim wink and that's what I tell myself everyday! The hair is going to be cut into the graduated bob that I had done 6 weeks ago but is abit grown out now so needs a trim. Am going to do my nails and do the whole grooming thing tonight and then I will be ready to go on Friday after a quick shower and blow dry. Thanks everybody for giving me the confidence that I need, I think I'm going to go for the knitted dress and polo neck and tights combo!

FluffyMummy123 Wed 19-Sep-07 20:26:01

Message withdrawn

LIZS Wed 19-Sep-07 20:28:56

You probably get a uniform allowance - as Collision describes.

AufishFeQueen Fri 21-Sep-07 13:56:26

Quick update! I got the job!!!! I'm so chuffed and I do get the staff discount for the uniform plus the 40% for anything else! I'm so chuffed!!!!! Thanks girls! Went with the knitted dress and polo neck which she was impressed with!

flowerybeanbag Fri 21-Sep-07 13:58:25

Congratulations! gringrin

That's excellent news, and enjoy the discount!

mishymoo Fri 21-Sep-07 14:05:56

Well done! Enjoy the new job!

MaryBleedinPoppins Fri 21-Sep-07 14:07:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LIZS Fri 21-Sep-07 17:29:12

AufishFeQueen Fri 21-Sep-07 17:38:59

Right girls, I need help with my work outfits, has to obviously come from principles but I don't know what to buy! Like I say I'm a size 10 pear shape! Far too much choice for me! Help!!

FluffyMummy123 Fri 21-Sep-07 17:45:09

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Fri 21-Sep-07 17:46:07

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Fri 21-Sep-07 17:47:22

Message withdrawn

collision Fri 21-Sep-07 17:57:41

told you!!

wink

well done!!

My friend just got a job there which is why I knew about the discounted clothes.

Also, if you sell lots of Principle store cards, they give you presents!!

I would wear black trousers and some of their gorgeous cream blouses...well just one, not some!! and nice jewellry and comfy shoes.

what hours are you doing and which store are you in? I want 40% discount too!

AufishFeQueen Fri 21-Sep-07 18:20:33

Thanks Cod and everybody! colours that suit me are browns and mustards, blues also do depending on the shade. Love all of their collections hence why I am now struggling!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now