Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where to go for a make-up lesson?

(11 Posts)
Legacy Wed 19-Sep-07 14:19:22

I have never learnt/ been taught how to properly apply make-up/ what colours suit me/ what to do with eyebrow pencils etc etc.

It didn't ever bother me, but now I have become a little more old haglike mature I think it might be a good idea.

But where would I go? Do I have to get myself down to a cosmetic counter at Selfridges or soemthing, or is there a slightly less intimidating option?

Can anyone recommend anywhere? (I am in South East, and can get to London if necessary...)

brimfull Wed 19-Sep-07 14:21:23

Bobbi brown counter.

They do a nice natural look

Or a beauticians.

brimfull Wed 19-Sep-07 14:22:34

or if you're coming my way -hants- I love love love makeup and showing people how to do it.

Legacy Wed 19-Sep-07 14:24:45

Thing is, I don't want to look like a painted doll - more into natural shades and subtle looks. Am blonde, so too much make-up looks cheap if I'm not careful?

PestoMonster Wed 19-Sep-07 14:26:28

My friend arranged for a spa day at Ashdown Park hotel near Forest Row, to celebrate her 40th birthday. As she was pg at the time and couldn't partake in many of the treatments, she booked for herself a make-up lesson. She said it was one of the best things she's ever done. She learnt a lot and also was able to have advice and purchase products too. So, I don't know if you're close enough to go here, but it is highly recommended. (I had a hot stone massage - which was wonderful!)
smile

hana Wed 19-Sep-07 14:27:19

MAC stuff is utterly gorgeous - try one of their counters?

brimfull Wed 19-Sep-07 14:28:44

bobbi brown's your best bet then

btw,I said I love makeup,but a very natural look.Would hate you to think I look like bet lynch!

Legacy Wed 19-Sep-07 14:31:50

ooh - make-up lesson at somewhere like Ashdown Park would be fab. I'm not ver near there, but there's another spa quite close, I might look there!

oliveoil Wed 19-Sep-07 14:33:29

I think Mac has been recommended on here quite a few times

iirc you pay £25 but get that off any products you buy

search for Mac on here

hanaflower Wed 19-Sep-07 16:40:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lovey Thu 20-Sep-07 17:40:51

Space NK- you can book an appointment and they tell you what suits your for day and night etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now