Talk

Advanced search

Tell me your favourite jeans brands please!

(58 Posts)
Swiftier Sun 17-May-20 15:00:54

I’m in need of a pair of two of jeans and want to invest in something good quality. Can anyone recommend your favourite brands?

I’m probably looking for one lighter and one darker blue denim, and straight cut, classic/simple styles that I’ll wear all autumn/winter/spring.

I don’t mind spending up to around £200 for each pair as long as they’re amazing fit and will last really well.

Thanks in advance smile

OP’s posts: |
nowaitaminute Sun 17-May-20 15:01:32

POCO...Irish brand and they are FAB!!

Terralee Sun 17-May-20 15:34:10

I don't wear an actual brand (due to cost) but I like Dorothy Perkins, usually ankle grazer length which are good for my height.

They are good quality as in I wash them very regularly & they last a long time.

Terralee Sun 17-May-20 15:34:36

Prices £20 - £35?

MrsCVorFluWhoKnows Sun 17-May-20 15:42:10

I wear a lot of jeans, mainly skinny/slim (ie skinny but not skintight). So have quite a few pairs ranging from Levis to Next and sainsburys but my favourite fitting and looking pair are by Lee, I got them in TKMaxx.

They have perfect waist height, not high waisted but not low either and fit really well. Skinny fit but not sausage like grin

I don't have a large budget so try to find good quality in reduced prices (so like TKMaxx) for brands.

ParkheadParadise Sun 17-May-20 15:44:11

I like Ted Baker, Levi and River Island for my Jeans.
Then I discovered Primark jeans were a great fit for me, so I stocked up with every colour and design 🤗🤗

Swiftier Sun 17-May-20 16:14:03

Thanks, some good ideas!

I’m avoiding fast fashion type shops and really looking for something good quality that will last (hence I don’t mind spending around £200 per pair) so I don’t think Primark, River Island, Dorothy Perkins etc will fit the bill - to be honest I’ve had jeans from these shops in the past and not been massively impressed - but thank you anyway. I’ll look at Ted Baker (not somewhere I’d expect to be good for jeans for some reason!) and Lee, Levi’s, POCO (not a shop I’d heard of!)

travailtotravel Sun 17-May-20 16:14:35

Levis.

Gunpowder Sun 17-May-20 16:17:35

I like Donna Ida and Frame but haven’t had straight legged from either. Placemarking for new brands to try!

Terralee Sun 17-May-20 17:07:51

See for me I wouldn't call eg River Island fast fashion - to me it's quite expensive & I actually can't justify buying a pair of jeans there!

However back when I had more money I'd buy jeans in Gap.
And as far as I'm aware, Levi 501s never date.

ZaraW Sun 17-May-20 17:14:14

Mother or Muji which is a lot cheaper but good quality and fit well.

Swiftier Sun 17-May-20 17:31:32

Thanks @Gunpowder, I’ll look at Donna Ide and Frame. Levi’s are a good shout too.

@Terralee I guess there’s no real definition of fast fashion is there? But I think a lot of lower end high street shops are considered to be fast fashion - mass produced, high volume, fashion inspired, very seasonal and (although not to everyone who buys them!) often with limited expected life/wear. RI, Topshop etc may be better quality than some other brands though, say Boohoo, Primark etc. I guess it’s a spectrum.

Namechangewhy Sun 17-May-20 17:46:48

& Other Stories, Levi’s, Mother

diazapamdependent Sun 17-May-20 17:49:44

Salsa

Seven for all mankind

Levis

Lee

timetest Sun 17-May-20 18:07:29

Levis 501

Ghostlyglow Sun 17-May-20 18:10:23

I like River Island. I get them in sales and sometimes there are ebay traders who sell overstocks/seconds.

EmmaStone Sun 17-May-20 18:16:08

I tend to buy Paige jeans (at discount stores when in US as they're not cheap). Also bought some 501s last year and they've been excellent, and a nice bit of 90s nostalgia 😂.

MadeForThis Sun 17-May-20 18:43:00

Replay or Tommy hilfigure.

Lindylooboo Sun 17-May-20 18:43:46

I'm in the US so may have access to different types, but as a poster above mentioned Paige are very good. I also really love Democracy - they are super stretchy. And Kut from the Kloth and AG jeans are also great.

lakeswimmer Sun 17-May-20 18:52:57

I'm in the market for new jeans and was looking at the Hiut website yesterday - made in the UK so presumably decent pay and conditions for staff. They will also repair them so I guess they're made to last. They're pricey but within your budget. I've also bought jeans from Howies in the past.

whatisheupto Sun 17-May-20 18:58:59

NYDJ are supposed to be amazing

Buggedandconfused Sun 17-May-20 19:16:03

If you have that budget look at Net a Porter.

Neighneigh Sun 17-May-20 19:19:56

I'm a fan of Pepe venus - nice low rise, fit well. But they go through really easily and within a few months I have holes everywhere (which ironically is why I went shopping and all I could find were jeans with holes).

I've just bought some Howies (skip style) and I absolutely love them. They're mid rise when I prefer low but they are incredibly comfy and I'm genuinely delighted with them

IdblowJonSnow Sun 17-May-20 19:23:44

Dorothy perkins for the fit. I'm short and curvy. Been washed loads and have stayed in great condition.
Really wish I'd bought more pairs pre-lockdown.

IdblowJonSnow Sun 17-May-20 19:24:59

Meant to say that I'd basically given up on Jean's as none fitted properly or looked ok, had tried loads on in every imaginable shop.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in