Talk

Advanced search

Dress style advice

(4 Posts)
wowfudge Sun 17-May-20 10:54:18

There are loads of dresses around and a marked difference in styles recently it seems. I am clueless as to what is fashionable that might suit me. I am mid forties.

I'm 5'4" and a size 14. I've lost over a stone this year and want to lose more. Hoping to get to a 12. Hence I want to rejuvenate my wardrobe. My build is petite with fairly narrow shoulders. I am a short-waisted pear. I often find petite ranges are good for me even if they're aimed at shorter women. Bust 34EE.

I don't suit frilly or fussy and anything remotely boho does nothing for me. Nor do dropped waists. Any ideas please?

OP’s posts: |
wowfudge Sun 17-May-20 15:40:23

Hopeful bump

AnaViaSalamanca Sun 17-May-20 16:05:26

I completely disregard fashion (!) so may not be the best person to advise you, but I am petite and short waisted, so have a lot of trouble finding dresses. Try wrap dresses. Also I bought this from boden which is really good, waist at the right place! If you wanted to buy, go a size up www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/kelsey-linen-tunic-bold-blue-link/sty-w0489-blu

wowfudge Sun 17-May-20 16:16:16

Ooh - I like that! Thank you Ana. I feel that I need to try things out of my comfort zone, things I wouldn't normally go for.

There are lots of midi dresses around, but they just look frumpy if you get the length wrong.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in