Talk

Advanced search

Shiny legs?

(6 Posts)
Elloello Sat 16-May-20 09:25:27

How does this happen? My legs are so dry it's hard to keep them moisturised and they are covered in pink strawberry dots anyway. But how do people get perfectly shiny smooth calves? I dont get it!

OP’s posts: |
VaggieMight Sat 16-May-20 09:28:54

Fake tan and moisturiser. I sometimes top up with instant fake tan mixed with moisturiser.

Yallreadyforthis Sat 16-May-20 09:36:43

Watching with interest

Bobbybobbins Sat 16-May-20 09:44:17

I have very dry skin. What works for me is a body butter type of moisturiser followed by some skin oil. I use a facial oil as it is too strong for my face but works well in my legs!

troppibambini Sat 16-May-20 09:57:11

Exfoliate in the bath/shower Korean italy clothes are amazing for this and really cheap. When you get out of the bath or shower put a body oil on while your skin is still damp. Doesn't have to be a fancy oil baby oil works well.
Also a bit of colour on them does help.

Lifeaback Sat 16-May-20 10:09:15

I second @troppibambini suggestion of oil! I put oil on my body straight out of the shower then after that’s soaked in and I’ve dried my hair/done my makeup I put on a drunk elephant moisturiser and these two together have sorted my dry skin out.

Regular exfoliation in the shower works wonders, and so does fake tanning- if you don’t usually fake tan the drops that you put in moisturiser are perfect for giving you a bit of a glow and ‘taking the edge off’. Tan luxe are my favourite but the isle of paradise ones are great too and a bit cheaper.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in