Talk

Advanced search

What The Ordinary products should I buy?

(5 Posts)
Luluapple Fri 15-May-20 07:55:49

I have dry/dehydrated extremely sensitive skin, age mid 30s. I have pretty clear, quite nice looking skin if a bit dull and lacklustre. Current skin care routine is basically nothing except moisturize! I literally only wash with water once a day, and moisturize by layering aveeno and nivea dry skin. I want to look after my skin but every time I try I end up with such horrendous skin irritation that I give up. I've been told marvellous things about the ordinary, and the price point definitely appeals since I won't be too heartbroken if a product doesn't work out and I have to abandon it. But looking into it...I don't know where to start! There's so many products. Anyone have any suggestions of what the hell I should be using? Advice gratefully received!

OP’s posts: |
EmpressJewel Fri 15-May-20 09:10:30

Go to the Deciem chat room as it has suggested routines.

https://www.deciemchatroom.com/the-ordinary-dehydration-regimen/

The hyalauronic acid is good for dehydrated skin. They recommend introducing one product at a time, so maybe start with a cleanse, hydration, moisturise routine and build it up from there.

I have dry/dehydrated skin which also breaks out easily (I have PCOS) and I love the ordinary products. I emailed Deciem and asked them for a routine, which was helpful. Not sure if they are doing it at the moment. Anyway, I have had to tweak their routine overtime by swapping a few products (due to sensitivity) and not using all products every day. The point I'm making is that you need to persevere.

Good luck

peachypetite Fri 15-May-20 09:21:47

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/3906930-Can-anyone-help-me-with-The-Ordinary-products-how-to-use

Greengrotbag Fri 15-May-20 12:05:04

Agree with contacting Deciem, they are working but slower than usual, I got an email after a week or so

Luluapple Sat 16-May-20 08:54:27

Thank you!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in