Talk

Advanced search

Nail varnish for split nails - Help!

(10 Posts)
EttasEden Mon 11-May-20 14:47:57

Hi does anyone have any tried and tested nail varnishes for split nails. Years of acrylics have absolutely ruined my nails, I normally get shellac to just cover them up. But due to the current situation I can't. For info my who nail bed has the crack down it, I take iron and bloods are all normal, so it is just bad nail damage. Thanks x

OP’s posts: |
Thewildthingsliveatmyhouse Mon 11-May-20 15:16:42

I bought a Leighton Denny kit from M and S, it's amazing. I think it's called the Hydra Flex kit, 3 items. In about 4 weeks my nails looked great!

chocolatesaltyballs22 Mon 11-May-20 15:19:19

I just bought some Jessica nail strengthener from Amazon, been using it for a couple of weeks and my nails are already stronger. I'd had shellac polish on for years with very little break in between.

Q1w2e3 Mon 11-May-20 15:21:06

I’ve been using CND Rxx repair for about 2 months now and my nails are so much better than they were. I have used every nail strengthener around over the years and this is a miracle.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 11-May-20 15:58:37

Nails Inc do a strengthener called Nail Kale

My DD really likes this

EttasEden Mon 11-May-20 19:59:26

Thank you all for commenting x

OP’s posts: |
Ponks Mon 11-May-20 23:36:00

Nail Magic. Fantastic stuff.

PlayinMay Tue 12-May-20 00:08:02

Cheap cheerful but brilliant is Rimmel nail nurse (pale pink one). Heard about it on here! Plus maybe take collagen to see if it helps regrowth?

Nanalisa60 Tue 12-May-20 00:19:40

After I took my shellac off I cut them short then I buffed them up with one off those boards that different numbers on them I-6. Then I have been socking them in warm olive oil ever night.

That was a the beginning of lockdown they are now looking quite good, I buff them every few days

Deathraystare Wed 13-May-20 09:33:01

Mavala does a formula for split nails. Not tried it yet but going to

www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/product-reviews/fashion-and-beauty/a28782357/mavala-scientifique-k-review/

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in