Talk

Advanced search

What cleanser and face sunscreen do you use?

(9 Posts)
teacuptale Sat 09-May-20 15:11:21

I’m doing some research and it seems that I’ve been doing cleansing all wrong. I’ve been using Garnier miscellar water, but it seems I should be double cleansing and possibly shouldn’t be using miscellar water at all. What do you use to cleanse?

Also, what sunscreen do you use on your face? I’d like one with 5* UVA, but I’m struggling to find something that isn’t too expensive and will do the job.

Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
teacuptale Sat 09-May-20 15:12:33

Can I use Pixi Glow tonic as a second cleanser?

cinammonbuns Sat 09-May-20 15:13:59

The glow tonic is not a cleanser at all. You can use it as a toner.

tigerbear Sat 09-May-20 15:14:20

Hi OP, without question, best face sunscreen I’ve ever used is Biore Watery Essence. I think it’s about £8 on Amazon.
Sinks in immediately, no white residue, and doesn’t clog. Amazing stuff.

teacuptale Sat 09-May-20 15:32:37

Thank you! I will look at getting another cleanser. I will also look at the Biore sunscreen. It sounds exactly what I need, thank you.

RaggieDolls Sat 09-May-20 15:34:39

I really like the Body Shop facial sunscreen but I think I might try the Boiré one now as it's half the price!

https://www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb/face/moisturisers-with-spf/skin-defence-multi-protection-lotion-spf-50/p/p001071?activeVariant=1095545&dskid=92700050841811659&utmm_placement=B+%7C+Tanning&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu671h4Cn6QIVxevtCh2NjAb8EAQYASABEgIaHPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

MolotovMocktail Sat 09-May-20 17:38:12

I use the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser followed by LRP Toleraine cleanser (just the latter in the morning). Agree the Biore watery essence SPF is the best. Anthelios is recommended a lot but I find it slightly greasy and it makes my eye makeup smudge.

teacuptale Sat 09-May-20 19:25:07

Thank you for the recommendations. Much appreciated. I hope to place an order this evening.

Hedgehog44 Sat 09-May-20 19:59:52

Soap and water followed by Nivea moisturiser and I blob a bit of sun tan lotion on my face when I sunbathe. Never had spots, aging well I think. Don't spend a fortune on things that will do the same job as the stuff you can buy in Aldi.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in