Talk

Advanced search

Would you recommend the Boots no7 skincare range?

(15 Posts)
GreebosWhiskers Tue 18-Sep-07 01:23:39

They're 3 for 2 just now & have been eyeing up the serum, day cream & night cream. I have pretty crap skin (patchy, dry, flaky, oily and spotty all at once - I have rosacea) & would love to find something that'll help tackle at least some of the above but even at 3 for 2 I'd still be looking at over £30 & don't want to pay that much to find they're rubbish. Boots don't do trial sizes so can anyone recommend them?

TIA

(I've posted this in products too btw as not sure where it would get the best response)

GreebosWhiskers Tue 18-Sep-07 20:34:22

bump

Pruners Tue 18-Sep-07 20:36:15

Message withdrawn

batters Tue 18-Sep-07 21:19:19

the protect and perfect serum is fabulous.

However would recommend Liz Earle cleanser and toner as being the best skin care regime I have ever used. And they have info sheets on rosacea on their website, which might be useful.

granarybeck Tue 18-Sep-07 23:00:33

I would also recommend the Liz Earle range, they do a set for about 30 pounds i think.

But have recently tried Ren cleanser (has no fragrances/chemically ingredients) and my skin looks tons better.

moondog Tue 18-Sep-07 23:02:20

Greebos,I have been v impressed with them and don't find the smell too strong which is one of my pet hates anyway.The P&P stuff is unscented.

granarybeck Tue 18-Sep-07 23:03:20

The woman in the shop I bought the Ren stuff from recommended still using the Liz Earle muslim cloth 'technique' so I do wonder whether that plus gentle products is the key.

Was already tempted by the protect and perfect serum, think will have to try now. Is just quite a lot to spend if didn't work, but only heard good things so think have gathered enough evidence to justify!

batters Wed 19-Sep-07 09:08:42

granarybeck, if you don't mind my asking, how oldish are you?

Am wondering if Ren is good for ahem the more mature skin? So you use the Ren cleanser with a muslin cloth?

GreebosWhiskers Wed 19-Sep-07 09:16:30

Thanks folks.

I had a look at the Liz Earle site & it was brilliant - there was a listing for rosacea in the skin concerns section & the recommended products even said why each product was good for rosacea! Have ordered the essentials pack so just have to break the news to dhgrin

Will probably ask for the boots p&p serum for xmas now.

granarybeck Wed 19-Sep-07 13:48:32

Hi Batters, yes use the Ren cleanser with th liz earle muslin cloth. I'm 30 but skin has definitely started to, ahem, age. The Ren stuff feels like it is actively doing something, I found the Liz Earle products great when my skin was good. But was having a blip, few spots, bit dry and grey (hmm, v attractive!)so the woman in shop (who was beauty therapist) recommended it. Been v pleased so far. Would still use liz earle stuff too though. Just felt my skin needed a pick me up, and it does feel tighter and looks a bit brighter now.

MitfordSisters Wed 19-Sep-07 22:07:08

Avoid anything containing Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLS) - lathering agent that's in loads of stuff - irritant and gives you spots. I use this stuff - it's counterculture and goooooood - www.no-acne.com

ps i don't work for them - i just have nice skin now

chocbutton Wed 19-Sep-07 22:23:01

Another Liz Earle devotee here - I used to swop from range to range all the time, but since getting cleanse and polish 2 years ago I haven't used anything else - its fab!

tearinghairout Wed 19-Sep-07 22:29:22

OK don't laugh, but I tried Lidl's skincare range, and it is so good that when I stopped using it I noticed that my skin got worse. It feels really silky, and costs £1.99 a pot, I thin, but looks v.similar to the expensive creams. I use the day & night anti-wrinkle cream. I've recommended their range to friends who have also been impressed.
I have (ahem) 'mature' skin.

granarybeck Wed 19-Sep-07 22:43:11

D'you know, you're not first person I've heard praise Lidl products (and one was a french, v stylish, woman!!. Hmm, must try. Is it moisturiser or cleanser you use?

batters Thu 20-Sep-07 08:53:19

Thank you granarybeck .

I might give the Ren stuff a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now