Talk

Advanced search

Stop me from taking scissors to my own hair! (and help me plan my next 'do')

(6 Posts)
Elloello Wed 06-May-20 16:01:59

My hair is rubbish when it gets a bit too long, it's lifeless and just hangs. I can't do the lob at all. It suits me better to have it follow the jawline a bit more, not much under it, and incline a little at the back, but softly, I'm not into the severe type you sometimes see. I'm so fed up I'm looking for you tube videos on how yo do it yourself... Someone stop me! Everyone else in this house is getting a cut as I can manage clippers and a trim on the children's hair, but mines just getting worse!

Ps. What's stylish in the bob world at the mo? I cannot do longer hair, ie towards/brushing the shoulders, it just looks wrong. Is there anything I can ask for when I do finally make it ti the hairdresser? (if I don't take matters into my own hands before then!)

OP’s posts: |
carlywurly Wed 06-May-20 22:05:23

I have the same issue. I have to avoid layers and it looks best an inch or two below chin length.

I'm just tying it into a ponytail and ignoring it at the moment. Thankful I don't have a fringe.

EngagedAgain Wed 06-May-20 22:32:02

I wouldn't attempt to do a bob, I think they can be tricky, although I done it myself at times. I'm not sure if it's true but I always thought even for a hairdresser a bob is meant to be the hardest cut to do, if it's done well that is.

MoltonSilver Thu 07-May-20 00:29:43

Are you mad? A bob is a precision cut. Step away from youtube. It will not end well.

Lifeaback Thu 07-May-20 00:32:43

Step away from the scissors! Trying to cut it yourself will not end well and will likely leave you looking worse than however bad you might feel it is now

Elloello Thu 07-May-20 16:17:18

grin you're right! The moment of madness has passed thankfully 😂

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in