Talk

Advanced search

dh is going to London, again, what shall I ask for? Bear in mind we are coming in to summer

(19 Posts)
suzywong Mon 17-Sep-07 14:39:41

jammy bastard
he's principally hanging out at Smiths of Smithfield (clients) and I 'm tlrying not to be too envy

he doesn't really have time to shop but in terms of what's around for tall massively norked ladies that aren't too wintery, does the panel have any suggestions that are linkable to visual links?

thank you

suzywong Mon 17-Sep-07 14:57:22

you simply don't care do you? Any of you?

Bessie123 Mon 17-Sep-07 15:49:14

What are you looking for? It looks like you want clothes..?

suzywong Tue 18-Sep-07 00:57:03

yes, clothes, did I not say clothes? blush

Califrau Tue 18-Sep-07 01:12:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sibble Tue 18-Sep-07 01:29:12

can't help re. the fashion but am sitting here recalling many a fab evening in Smiths with friends.

suzywong Tue 18-Sep-07 01:36:59

ah Smiths .....
dh's company is working on a fairly large project for John Torode.

Hellfire I could murder some of their smoked haddock mornay and a sausage sandwich

sibble Tue 18-Sep-07 01:45:08

mmmmmmmmmmmm, i do miss London, sausage sandwiches yumm. We have a farmers market near here and an English couple bring organic sausages which are the closest I've found to the ones from home (nice ones I mean). I remember Smithfield well, straight after work, shall we head home or grab a quick drink, ok lets have 1, need something to soak up the wine - lets eat.....yummm

suzywong Thu 20-Sep-07 15:14:18

and..... it now transpires dh has tickets for a) the Ricky Gervais stand up show and b) the Paul Weller Accoustic gig.

so I must have reompnese in the form of goodies, accessories make up etc etc....any good deals on line do you know?

Thanks

suzywong Thu 20-Sep-07 15:29:19

ah, c'mon

are there any offers on at Boots?

CountessDracula Thu 20-Sep-07 15:35:09

ooh I went to Smith's once with ex BIL who was good friends with teh owner (his dad was ex BIL's godfather or some such convoluted thing)

I thought it was CRAP!

CountessDracula Thu 20-Sep-07 15:38:23

(even though we got free champagne so it must have been really bad)

suzywong Thu 20-Sep-07 16:15:13

yes yes but what can I BUY?

what's nice for ladies that I can buy????

CountessDracula Thu 20-Sep-07 16:15:55

erm
tampons?

CountessDracula Thu 20-Sep-07 16:16:19

do you not have shops in orstralia then?

Mercy Thu 20-Sep-07 16:20:20

Put it this way, what shops/products do you not have in Aus. that you miss?

legalalien Thu 20-Sep-07 16:22:07

or, what things can you buy in the UK and Australia, that are massively overpriced in Australia (eyes L'occitan bag in corner of office)

sibble Tue 25-Sep-07 03:10:53

hope it's not too late, just been to Fashion Week NZ...this summer it's the maxi dress with wedge heels. Not much else unless you are a 17 year old with attitute, a slouch and ability to carry off oversized T-shirts reminiscent of the '80's wham video, hoodies and baggy everything else.

Next winter was quite glam and fishnet or patterned tights were big.

Have also discovered this site which might help:

www.instylemagazine.co.uk

hth, sadly my attempts with smock top and maxi dress drew the 'did you buy that in the Ruawhai dairy where my sister shops or have you dug out your preggie clothes' from dh hmm what do men know about fashion (unless they are gay of course) grin

eidsvold Tue 25-Sep-07 03:14:37

no I don't care grin

in fact - can I put an order in - easier for you to ship from WA than it is from UK...

mmmmm what do I want. [thinking face]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now