Talk

Advanced search

Anyone here with sensitive armpits?

(13 Posts)
Inconnu Sun 03-May-20 10:37:08

My pre-teen DD has started using underarm deodorant. The normal one caused irritation, so I bought her a sensitive one, but she still has the same issue. Any advice please?

OP’s posts: |
TheSparkling Sun 03-May-20 10:50:37

Is she using spray, roll on or the cream?

Personally I find the roll ons the worst for being sensitive to.

Inconnu Sun 03-May-20 10:52:46

Hmm interesting - it is a roll on. I'll try a spray next. Thank you!

Jedstre Sun 03-May-20 10:54:19

I can get irritated by certain brands, even ones supposedly for sensitive skinI’ve found dove doesn’t cause itchiness so it might be a bit of trial and error

justtb Sun 03-May-20 10:54:19

Sounds like you need a natural deodorant.. can be picked up from Holland and Barrett.. online etc. Just ordered some off native.com

ThanksForAllTheFish Sun 03-May-20 11:30:03

I use a cream roll on. Sprays and normal roll ons can make my armpits feel like they are burning. Some are fine some are not and I can never remember which ones I don’t get on with. Never had any issues with the cream stick roll ons. I switch between dove and sure and they are all great.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 03-May-20 11:42:19

I find sprays don't work well on me , maybe it's all in my mind though.
Larding something directly onto my skin. -Contact
Spraying something that I'm hoping will land there - not so sure . Too near , you get a load of powder . Too far , you miss .

I loved a solid one I got from Urban Outfitters , but in summer it melted .
I have a PitRok for Summer but it is only a deodorant and needs to be on hair free , freshly washed damp skin.
I've tried a few (there's a Gold and a Pink one) I much prefer the original Black

JUst finished a Superdrug roll on, now using a Superdrug spray , not the same .

Inconnu Sun 03-May-20 13:17:44

Thanks so much everyone. Sounds like we may need to try a few and see what works.

cookiemonster5 Sun 03-May-20 13:20:50

Me. I have had a nightmare finding something that works that doesn't cause my eczema to flare up.

The only one that works consistently without any issues is the Mitchum clear unscented gel. I have tried sprays, roll ons and the gel and this is the only one that has never caused issue and I have very very sensitive skin.

Rangoon Sun 03-May-20 14:06:23

I'm a fan of the unscented Mitchum product as well and I have a lot of skin allergies. I use the roll on though.

tiutinkerbell Mon 04-May-20 13:09:59

I do and the only deo I can use is the Vichy brand (with the green cap). A little pricey but works wonders and have never had any irritation from it.

woodencoffeetable Mon 04-May-20 13:16:46

nivea sensitive

AntennaReborn Mon 04-May-20 15:45:01

I don't get on with any of the regular brands, but Nuud has been working really well for me

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in