Talk

Advanced search

Best anti dandruff shampoo that doesn't ruin your hair

(11 Posts)
nomelodies Thu 30-Apr-20 12:29:25

I have ezcema / dermatitis which has flared up during the lockdown, including on my scalp. The itch is stressing me out sad
I need an anti dandruff shampoo which works really well but won't ruin my hair (fine and highlighted). Lots of them are quite harsh on my hair or smell bad!

OP’s posts: |
Allthepinkunicorns Thu 30-Apr-20 12:31:46

I've been using the head and shoulders clinically proven shampoo and its working well and not damaging my hair unlike some other shampoos.

BumboBaggins Thu 30-Apr-20 13:54:54

I like the body shop ginger shampoo

dazzlinghaze Thu 30-Apr-20 13:58:43

I get one from my GP called dandrazol and it works really well. It doesn't smell and doesn't make my bleached hair feel dry. After I've cleared up the initial bout of dandruff I use it once a week to keep it at bay. Your doctor could probably prescribe it over the phone.

EdithHope Thu 30-Apr-20 14:01:31

If it's eczema, try something like Eucerin shampoo. I also use their leave-in scalp treatment, they stopped my eczema scalp from itching and the once the itching stopped, the flakiness went away.

nomelodies Thu 30-Apr-20 16:24:51

Thanks i will have a look at these.

I've tried the H&S clinically proven one before and it has a strong smell. I know I'm fussy!

OP’s posts: |
PickledWilly Thu 30-Apr-20 17:01:39

My son and I have had lots of success with L'Oréal Elvive anti dandruff shampoo for men surprisingly. And it's not at all damaging for hair

MistressWeatherwax1 Thu 30-Apr-20 19:52:03

The Body Shop Ginger shampoo, I used it to clear my awful scalp psoriasis

timetest Thu 30-Apr-20 19:54:40

Philip Kingsley anti dandruff shampoo. Pricey but worth it.

confusednortherner Thu 30-Apr-20 19:55:26

Dd always used head and shoulders the silky one I think but ran out and scalp flared up badly. We had apple cider vinegar in cupboard so she's been rinsing with that and says it helps and leaves her hair nice.

agteacht Thu 30-Apr-20 21:13:58

OP, ask your GP to prescribe Betacap. It's for scalp psoriasis and will help clear it up properly

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in