Talk

Advanced search

Tips for nice feet

(5 Posts)
Littlemiss74 Thu 23-Apr-20 12:52:52

After months hidden in socks and tights my feet are awful. Tried moisturising but still horrid.

Any tips for nice feet please?

OP’s posts: |
BloggersNetwork Thu 23-Apr-20 14:04:52

After months of neglect, pay them some attention. Soak your feet in hot soapy water and use a pumice stone. Then flexitol cream overnight with socks..

When I don't use flexitol I use Neal's Yard Wild Rose Beauty Balm and it feels like a real treat.

mommybear1 Thu 23-Apr-20 18:15:03

I have to say I swear by Newtons Foot Therapy Chiropody Sponge you need to use it daily. I use mine in the shower and if I use it every day my feet are great. I run regularly so have a lot of hard skin if I use this daily no need for moisturiser if I do need some I use nivea my DH has very bad feet he also swears by Newton's but he uses CCS Professional Foot Care Cream after each shower his feet are much better now.

Littlemiss74 Fri 24-Apr-20 08:39:10

Thanks @mommybear1 I’ve ordered one!

OP’s posts: |
70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 24-Apr-20 10:50:07

Use a flat emery file dry (over a towel or the side of the bath, you get a load of dust)

Moisturise - use up any heavy handcreams if you don't have Flexitol (it is good because it has Urea but you need to use on damp skin, it helps the skin absorb the moisture )
I have a jar of Burts Bees handcream which smells a bit meh but it'll be fine to use up.
Put a pair of old cotton socks on to keep it in place , and the warmth helps absorbtion

File your nails , paint them if you like . I do mine but I cannot wear anything on my fingernails .

Think about your poor feet when you put on those Oh-So-Pretty -Shoes . If they're narrow , pointed , high heeled the extra pressure it puts on your feet .
You wouldn't wear a boned corset . Why put your feet in the equivilant?

Keep up with the filing every 3 days , don't overdo it . You don't want tender feet .
Cream every day .
If your feet get sweaty use surgical spirit between the toes .
Any fungal skin or nails there's OTC treatment available .

And I do have to epilate my feet , they get a tad Hobbity blush

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in