Talk

Advanced search

Online dermatologist

(12 Posts)
Lndnmummy Mon 20-Apr-20 22:44:40

Has anyone had any luck with an online dermatologist? My Roseaca is getting worse and worse and I could really do with some prescription help. Many thanks

OP’s posts: |
suze28 Mon 20-Apr-20 22:57:46

Can you ask your GP for a prescription for Soolantra?

silver1977 Mon 20-Apr-20 23:12:55

Yes I use Dermatica as recommended on here. Someone posted that they have a waiting list now though? Worth having a look....

Lndnmummy Tue 21-Apr-20 10:03:31

Hi, yes I’m on the waiting list but no luck so far. I did find a Dr Robertshaw and I have booked an appointment with her. I’ll keep you all posted smile

ABrushWith Tue 21-Apr-20 10:09:37

Sam Bunting’s clinic does online appointments using FaceTime etc. I’ve done a mix of online and face to face consultations. Worked fine.

Lndnmummy Wed 22-Apr-20 20:25:33

Gutted. Spent £75.00 to be told I need to use an SPF. RIP off. So gutted. I was meant to do something for myself to make myself feel better and was really looking forward to it. Had saved up. So gutted.

therona Wed 22-Apr-20 20:52:24

Oh dear - can you complain and get a refund? That doesn't sound good enough at all.

Lndnmummy Wed 22-Apr-20 20:56:20

I realise how stupid this sounds when the entire world is upside down.

RD15 Wed 22-Apr-20 22:45:33

I’m not surprised you’re upset- that’s ridiculous. Most people with rosacea already know the importance of sunscreen 🙄. Xx

Orangesandlemons82 Thu 23-Apr-20 11:14:52

I think it's fine to feel disappointed, it is a lot of money to pay for that advice. Could you send an email saying how you feel and see if she could do another consultation? I am often more assertive in emails.

GlubGlubGlub Thu 23-Apr-20 16:23:12

I would complain and ask for a refund.

ALovelyBitOfSquirrel Thu 23-Apr-20 16:29:03

I realise how stupid this sounds when the entire world is upside down

It doesn't sound stupid at all OP. I have it and it's awful. It's worse on one of my face, the side I sleep in which I'm guessing that isn't a coincidence. I've never tried anything because I didn't really know what it was until recently.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in