Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

"EMERGENCY";! My skin is so dry it's sore.. big night out tonight.. need an "home made intensive moisturiser" of some kind..

(20 Posts)
ShinyHappySchmooo Fri 14-Sep-07 12:36:14

I think I must be allergic to my new foundation or something.. but my skin is horrible and dry and patchy and actually sore to the touch. When I put my usual (Superdrug, Vitamin E) moisturiser on it last night, it stung like buggery when it's actually really mild stuff. shock

I'm just about to get in the bath to have a soak in prep for getting ready to go away for one night (wedding anniversary, 12 years) but I was wondering if there is any kind of "face pack" that will work as emergency treatment for my skin. I haven't got one in and can't afford one (we have sold stuff on Ebay to finance night out/away LOL.. and just coppered up for some milk to leave for sister and kids whilst away overnight!! Just so you know I can't buy one...!)

What can I use oh wise beauty gurus with anicent knowledge? But quick please.. bath running...

Quootiepie Fri 14-Sep-07 12:36:59

erm, yoghurt?

NDPWantsANewCamera Fri 14-Sep-07 12:39:22

I think olive oil is supposed to be very soothing and good for delicate skin.

Maybe porridge oats and a bit of olive oil to bind it together ?

<caution - I have no idea whther this will work or help. I've based it on the fact that DD gets eczema and oats in the bath are great for her skin>

PandaG Fri 14-Sep-07 12:39:26

egg white?

sugar and olive oil as an exfoliant first maybe - very gently

MarinaLaPasionaria Fri 14-Sep-07 12:39:30

Have you got an avocado by any chance shiny

FluffyMummy123 Fri 14-Sep-07 12:39:50

Message withdrawn

MarinaLaPasionaria Fri 14-Sep-07 12:40:01

Or porridge oats, brilliant
Olive oil also good but quite pungent

Desiderata Fri 14-Sep-07 12:57:45

Slap a load of honey on your chops and leave it while you're having a soak. It rinses off very easily.

MrsBadger Fri 14-Sep-07 13:01:02

not egg white
that dries & tightens

oats soaked in warm water good idea

or steal e45 / aqueous cream or similar from dcs, slather on, bathe, then wash off,

ShinyHappySchmooo Fri 14-Sep-07 13:04:14

Thank you.. thank you.. don't know whether to use honey.. olive oil... or Diprobase (which would soak in)..

They seem the least offensive grin options..

hmmmm

pagwatch Fri 14-Sep-07 13:04:29

I use coconut oil on my daughter who has sore dry skin and reacts to everything else. You can buy it is tubs but when you warm it in your hand it becomes liquid. Its lovely but gets on clothes so be careful

ShinyHappySchmooo Fri 14-Sep-07 13:12:16

Quootiepie.. you may want to sue my DH for libel.. he is a wicked man. I asked him to read this thread out to me as I was running around like a daft thing laying out kids' medications for sister to administer later..and I need to get in bath.. and he said "Oh.. someone has suggested ejaculate.. that's is very good for the skin! Free and nearly instantly available!" shock

I said "who said that?!" and he said "Erm.... Quootiepie!" (clearly first name he saw!! I must apologise for him! grin)

And he can dream on!

NDPWantsANewCamera Fri 14-Sep-07 13:13:47

I use diprobase on DD's skin and she is fine with it, but I do know it makes others flare

binkleandflip Fri 14-Sep-07 13:15:38

Calamine Lotion is very good for sensitive dry skin.

For future reference if you can get some calamine powder from the chemist and mix with a little olive oil, you can apply as a face-mask and it will do your skin the world of good.

As for today, I would go along with the e45 suggestions or even better sudocrem - slap it on and let it sink into your pores whilst youre in the bath.

MamaG Fri 14-Sep-07 13:16:58

LOL at Mr Shiny

I thought for years that sperm rubbed into your face was good for your skin

blush damn that ex bf

I once caught some in my hand and sneaked to the bath room to rub it in

TheArmadillo Fri 14-Sep-07 13:18:32

put olive oil in your bath water - will make your hair look like shite, so you will have to wash it seperately. BUt your skin will be lovely and soft.

The moisturise when you get out if necessary. If you can get out - makes bath a bit slippery if you use too much.

I know someone, who lived on their own who got stuck in a bath once cos she accidentally put a lot of bath oil in. I ROFLed but apparently that wasn't the reaction she was hoping for blush

binkleandflip Fri 14-Sep-07 13:18:44

eeeewwwwwwwwwwww!!

Brazen woman! And to think I've given you frittata knowledge! grin

ShinyHappySchmooo Fri 14-Sep-07 13:21:30

Oh MamaG ugh!! The smell!! I know it's not a strong smell.. but I hate I! I don't go near it now.. well no more than I have to. And I don't have to!; I have been married for almost 12 years! grin

Thank you folks.. off for a bath now..

(Can't beleive I'm telling you this.. but have even got a fab creation from Ann Summers for tonight.. grin.. bought it in store.. has to force myself to act casual and pretend I was in a green grocers buying a cabbage!)

(We don't get out much!! Can you tell! )

hecciesmum Fri 14-Sep-07 13:24:42

Hair conditioner!! Even better if you have a hair masque hiding in the bathroom cupboard...slather it on and leave for 10 mins. Wipe off with warm facecloth, pat skin dry and put some basic moisturiser on the top.

or.....

Mayonnaise...not the nicest smell, but it will work too

Quootiepie Fri 14-Sep-07 16:03:17

Ta Shinys DH!! lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now